Honored Contributor

Re: Duchess Catherine at Wimbledon Today!

@HeiressIn-FL wrote:

@nevergivesup wrote:

Kate always looks picture perfect but I see that there has been a lot of controversy about eight year old George dressed in a dark suit and tie, sitting still for four hours at centre court where the temps were 94 degrees and rising. Personally, I think a little polo shirt and light shorts or pants would have been just fine. 

There is a strict dress code in the Royal Box at Wimbledon. T's/Polos, shorts, etc. are not allowed. Period.

@HeiressIn-FL  That's for sure. I looked at all the people around them and they are all dressed appropriately for the Royal Box. All the men have jackets on and the women look fashionable.

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

Kate always looks impecable. But for her gowns, her daytime looks are pretty predictable. She's not much of a fashionista, but she is always appropriate and beautiful and fresh.

My heart breaks for that little boy who seems so uncomfortable and shy with all the flashing lights and attention on him. He obviously does not enjoy it. It is such an unatural situation for an 8 year old. But it's his reality and he will have to attend these outings as Prince of Wales and then King. What a weird thing to have to teach your baby. I can't say I blame those who have decided they would rather raise their children away from the limelight- like every single one of the Queen's grandchildren except for William, who is effectively "trapped". He and Kate seem to handle the situation thoughtfully and patiently.

"Trapped" is Harry's description of William's life. William has denied feeling that way, and seems at age 40 to have embraced his role as future king. Harry shouldn't put words into others' mouths.

Your source for William's "denial"?

LOL! @JamandBread  You didn't cite your source, I had to.  I read it several times. Google it.

Those handbags and midnight shifts are impacting your ability to read.

I don't need sources when I'm not putting words in others' mouths. Like you.

Swat out those cobwebs and focus.

You are OBSESSED with Harry. It's a riot.

I'm out now.

Trusted Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@HeiressIn-FL wrote:

@nevergivesup wrote:

Kate always looks picture perfect but I see that there has been a lot of controversy about eight year old George dressed in a dark suit and tie, sitting still for four hours at centre court where the temps were 94 degrees and rising. Personally, I think a little polo shirt and light shorts or pants would have been just fine. 

There is a strict dress code in the Royal Box at Wimbledon. T's/Polos, shorts, etc. are not allowed. Period.

@HeiressIn-FL  That's for sure. I looked at all the people around them and they are all dressed appropriately for the Royal Box. All the men have jackets on and the women look fashionable.

Part of the tradition and fun is the fashion at Wimbledon. Maybe by the time George is King, it will be less stringent.

Valued Contributor

@HeiressIn-FL wrote:

@nevergivesup wrote:

Yes, I do realize the dress code is in place for the adults but if it extends to 8 year olds in a dark suit and tie, in sweltering heat for four hours then personally I would leave him home until he was older. But then again, I’m not royalty thank heavens!

Trusted Contributor

@nevergivesup wrote:

They were in the Royal box. There is a strict dress code.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

The men look so stuffy and uncomfortable all dressed up in suits and ties AT A SPORTING EVENT.  I'm glad I don't live there.

@Kachina624 A response to this issue in general, not specifically to you but a comment that:

Sometimes you have to be uncomfortable or stuffy to get anywhere and do something in the world.  It's not a terrible thing to do.  Husband and I had to when we worked--it's part of life.  Even more so for roofers who are uncomfortable, people on oil rigs in heavy boots and coveralls and hard hats, cops, firemen, etc.  A lot of folks have to do uncomfortable things to make a living.  Those folks don't get enough credit just with how they have to appear.  

Honored Contributor

@JamandBread wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

Kate always looks impecable. But for her gowns, her daytime looks are pretty predictable. She's not much of a fashionista, but she is always appropriate and beautiful and fresh.

My heart breaks for that little boy who seems so uncomfortable and shy with all the flashing lights and attention on him. He obviously does not enjoy it. It is such an unatural situation for an 8 year old. But it's his reality and he will have to attend these outings as Prince of Wales and then King. What a weird thing to have to teach your baby. I can't say I blame those who have decided they would rather raise their children away from the limelight- like every single one of the Queen's grandchildren except for William, who is effectively "trapped". He and Kate seem to handle the situation thoughtfully and patiently.

"Trapped" is Harry's description of William's life. William has denied feeling that way, and seems at age 40 to have embraced his role as future king. Harry shouldn't put words into others' mouths.

Your source for William's "denial"?

LOL! @JamandBread  You didn't cite your source, I had to.  I read it several times. Google it.

Those handbags and midnight shifts are impacting your ability to read.

I don't need sources when I'm not putting words in others' mouths. Like you.

Swat out those cobwebs and focus.

You are OBSESSED with Harry. It's a riot.

I'm out now.

@JamandBread Unlike you, I can state my points without needing to make personal insults too.  I must have struck a nerve. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

The men look so stuffy and uncomfortable all dressed up in suits and ties AT A SPORTING EVENT.  I'm glad I don't live there.

@Kachina624 A response to this issue in general, not specifically to you but a comment that:

Sometimes you have to be uncomfortable or stuffy to get anywhere and do something in the world.  It's not a terrible thing to do.  Husband and I had to when we worked--it's part of life.  Even more so for roofers who are uncomfortable, people on oil rigs in heavy boots and coveralls and hard hats, cops, firemen, etc.  A lot of folks have to do uncomfortable things to make a living.  Those folks don't get enough credit just with how they have to appear.  

@Sooner   Fine but people go to sporting events to relax and have a good time.  Not the same as performing your job.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

She looks great in both dresses! I'm not a polka dot person so I prefer the yellow dress. 

Respected Contributor

The Wimbledon tennis tournament is played once a year and lasts a fortnight.  It is played at the very stuffy and laden with rules All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club.

It is the only tennis tournament that strictly enforces that players are to wear only white clothing on the courts or you will not be permitted to play.

The Royal Box has always been shirt, tie and jacket, which is another absurd rule in place.

To make a small child sit in that outfit in the sweltering heat is crazy.  They should have left him at home to watch it on TV if he chose to do so.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF