Trusted Contributor

Re: Drew Barrymore's Birthday Show Dress

I like it. I've always also liked Endora's dresses too on Bewitched. That's what it reminds me of. She looks pretty in it.
Valued Contributor

THAT is Drew Barrymore?????

I honestly did not recognize her.  

I love the ice cream colors of her chiffon dress.  Very femimine and summery.  

Esteemed Contributor

Drew looks fantastic.  great dress.

Honored Contributor

@Elodie2 wrote:

The dress reminds me of Drew's spirit...sunny, colorful and free flowing.  I remember her most as the darling little girl in ET.

Isn't that the truth.  The dress is totally her.  She has been through so much her parents did not know how to parent and yet she came through it.  I believe she always srrounds herself with true friends and people who care about her.  I know she has a close relationship with Steven Spielberg. 

Honored Contributor

@Midmod wrote:
I like it. I've always also liked Endora's dresses too on Bewitched. That's what it reminds me of. She looks pretty in it.

OMG you are right is like what Endora wore.  I loved her dresses tooSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@threecees  I used to eat that Zebra fruit stripe gum all of the time as a kid, it was my favorite! If I think hard enough I can remember the taste- maybe I'll see if I can get it online Smiley Very HappyHeart

Esteemed Contributor

I like Drew, but not the dress. Looks like a 1950's negligee you see in old movies.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Ok, who goes shopping for a dress and sees this and says "YES that's the one!" ? This is soooo hideous! Look at the fit especially the bust area!! She could have picked something so much better. Ugly.

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

Anyone remember the Turkish taffy you could buy in colors like Drew's dress? We used to buy it at our local concession stand at our community pool, it's been over 60 years, that's what it reminds me of. It was flat, maybe 4x6 inches big. 

Valued Contributor

I forgot all about Fruit Stripe gum! I loved it as a kid. I remember the flavor disappearing after a few minutes and I would throw that piece out and replace with a new one. It was so tasty, I could go through a pack at a time. Yikes!

I also remember the Turkish Taffy @AlsaceGal. So yummy! I forget what my favorite flavor was. Maybe cherry.