Esteemed Contributor

Dresses at Emmys tonight - UGLY!!!!!!

I don't recall an awards show with SO MANY dresses that I so strongly disliked! I honestly saw only one.....one that I thought was attractive....and that was the dress worn by Reese Wjtherspoon. The fashion this year has achieved a whole new level of UGLY and tastelessness - in my opinion. Anyone else have an opinion?

Respected Contributor

Re: Dresses at Emmys tonight - UGLY!!!!!!

Ok I'll bite

Lizzo...absolutely loved it

Sophia Vergara...gorgeous yellow gown

Amy Poehler...beautiful navy gown

Oprah stunning in white

Geena Davis, did not care for her gown

Sheryl Lee Ralph, thought she looked great in the black gown

That's what I can remember...flipping back and forth between Emmy's and football 

Respected Contributor

I loved Lizzo! It was a whole lotta dress but she could pull it off! Me not so much but her yes! I haven't really seen much I just didn't like. 

Respected Contributor

I love Lizzo and loved her dress. I saw lots of pretty dresses, don't remember the names of the ladies wearing them.  I remember several really pretty white and off white dresses.

Trusted Contributor

The person wearing the outfit didn't think it was ugly or they wouldn't have worn it. 

Respected Contributor

@CoffeeNut @Well said! I never thought of it that way! Thanks for sharing!

Honored Contributor

QVCs senior host wardrobe stylist......TOP 3 EMMY LOOKS

emmys 2022.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Zendaya looked beautiful.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

CRe: Dresses at Emmys tonight - UGLY!!!!!!

[ Edited ]

@Goldengate8361 Not watching but Yahoo will have a slideshow so I'll look later. I'm guessing another exhibition of breast and as much body as can be shown. 

EDITED: Just looked at some of them on Yahoo and saw some really pretty gowns. kelly Cuoco, what the heck is that thing she is wearing? Totally silly.

Have been a fan of Sheryl Lee Ralph for years but that dress isn't flattering at all. 

Christopher Meloni looks GREAT. Laura Linney looks silly. Saw a pretty yellow dress, don't recall who wore it, and a few others.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

QVCs senior host wardrobe stylist......TOP 3 EMMY LOOKS

emmys 2022.jpg

@sunshine45    Lily James' dress was a magnificent Versace iridescent, chainmail, deep bronze.  She wore minimal jewelry to make the entire look magnificent!