Honored Contributor

Re: Dressbarn closing all 650 stores

We had a Dressbarn across the street from my office and I shopped there frequently. Too bad they are closing ...
Respected Contributor

WOW - I just started buying from them again in the past year or so! I’ve found some very pretty dresses there, as well as other items, all at great prices. I have 3 stores near my house, but I also buy from their website. As I’ve said in previous posts, some of their merchandise looks very much like items I’ve seen at Talbots at much lower prices. I’ll be sorry to see them go.

Regular Contributor

I am sad!  I always found really nice/pretty clothes there that fit well.  I am NOT an online shopper when it comes to clothes.... I would much rather shop in person and try on my clothes.  When I buy on line I usually wind up returning most of the iitems.  (I very rarely buy clothes from QVC).  There are less and less places to go these days to buy clothes!!  SAD!  

Honored Contributor

They've been around for almost 60 years so apparently the name didn't bother too many people.  

The only Dress Barn near me is in an area I just don't shop at often so it's rare that I go there.  However, whenever I do go, I always find something I like.       

Super Contributor

That's too bad. A lady once introduced me to Dress Barn. I hardly ever bought anything though. But last year I picked up a couple dresses for my daughter's graduation. They were the latest style. Not the best material, craftmanship, nor fit. But I didn't want to break the bank and they were only $39 a piece. Still wear them. 

Respected Contributor

@eyeron wrote:

I am sad!  I always found really nice/pretty clothes there that fit well.  I am NOT an online shopper when it comes to clothes.... I would much rather shop in person and try on my clothes.  When I buy on line I usually wind up returning most of the iitems.  (I very rarely buy clothes from QVC).  There are less and less places to go these days to buy clothes!!  SAD!  

Agree with @eyeron !  Now I wonder what I will do for semi-dress clothing.  I just recently bought some denim, Bermuda shorts on sale for less than $20 each.  Had them shipped to the store so no shipping and could try them on right in the store.  They fit like a dream.  If they hadn't fit, the store would return them for me so no return shipping either.  Their secret agent leggings (Capri or full length) are phenomenal and can be found on sale for less than $12 each.  The material is wonderful and it has a double layer around the high waist to help hold the stomach in.  When I needed something short notice for a funeral (for example), I could find something that looked nice for less than $50.  Could always find a sales associate to help or suggest things.  Same quality at less than half the price as the Q.  They also had all the accessories to go with them.  Sad, as well.  Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

I've never shopped there.  Don't believe I've ever even walked into one of these stores.  

As other posters said the name is horrible.  Dress Barn makes me think it is a bargain bin or a Salvation Army resale store.

Respected Contributor

I only shopped there once when a work friend dragged me there, years ago before Business Casual changed the dress codes.  They had nice coordinated suits and dress outfits, and I did buy a few outfits, but the selections were too cookie cutter for me. The sales associates were very pushy. 

DressBarn and Fashion Bug seemed similar concepts. Too matchy matchy for my taste.

Respected Contributor

so sad.  they carried a popover blouse and i would pick one up every year when they went on sale.   i used to love to go in and browse. 

Respected Contributor

I always thought the name was cleaver.  Over the years they became a lot more than dresses, probably so they could keep up with the latest fashion styles.  I can remember women often suggesting to others to go to Dressbarn when looking for a dress.  It's always sad to lose a long time retailer, but the competition is just so tough.  So many places to shop!  I guess that's a good thing.