Valued Contributor

Dress option for outdoor wedding ........

I have a wedding in July to attend and found this as a possible dress option. I would wear wedges because of walking around in grass. Any cute wedge options? Any other styling tips?

Linea by Louis DellOlio Sleeveless Printed Dress

Valued Contributor

Re: Dress option for outdoor wedding ........

This is my other option, but it's a little neutral for me.

Kelly by Clinton Kelly Printed Dress with Shirring Detail

Contributor

Option No. 2 would be easier to find wedges for since it's more neutral in color and most wedges are light to dark leather.

Respected Contributor

I like #1 better. Something about #2 is just too ""blah"" for a wedding.

Honored Contributor

On 6/11/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said:

I like #1 better. Something about #2 is just too "blah" for a wedding.

I prefer #1 also. It's difficult to tell what colors are in the print. I do not like the shoes, both color and style, the model is wearing.

If there is black in the print I might accessorize it with black patent shoes. Problem is most wedge shoes are casual and the fabric in the dress looks dressy.

Respected Contributor

I prefer #2. The first is alright.

Respected Contributor

These choices look like dresses one would wear to the office. sorry.

Trusted Contributor

With the blue dress, you don't have to go matchy-matchy with your shoes. In fact, the model wearing the blue dress looks like she is wearing a nude shoe, but you could also punch it up with contrasting color or a metallic. I agree with lulu that you want to stay away from more casual shoes (e.g., cork or jute wedges, etc.)

Caparros Margarita at Zappos, available in silver or gold:

Ivanka Trump Boo at Zappos:

RSVP Hazel at Zappos:

Fitzwell Lasca at Zappos:

Valued Contributor

Vamp - thanks so much for the shoe ideas. Really like the RSVP Hazel ones because of the little platform.

Since I never wear dresses to anything other than weddings or really formal events, it's hard for me to determine whether something is wedding appropriate or more office appropriate. I know I don't want to wear a maxi, so if anyone can point me to a more outdoor wedding appropriate dress (and around knee length) it would be greatly appreciated!

Trusted Contributor

Either dress could work, but I prefer the first one. The color is lovely, and I think that's lace over a lining rather than a print, right? Very simple lines; you can dress it up with special earrings and maybe a bracelet and bag. I think a wedge sandal in a turq/teal would be nice........maybe something like the one below from Zappo's.