Honored Contributor

Re: Dress option for outdoor wedding ........

On 6/12/2014 lolakimono said:
On 6/12/2014 Jazzgrl said: . Those are some dresses my daughter would like. Have a good day at school. I always thought the last days were some of them most "challenging"! Hang in, the end is in sight!

Hi Jazzgrl,

The #20 post dresses are all from Belk. They have some great deals now, and depending on the size, some dresses have been reduced to under $20.

I'm valiantly trying to hold on until June 23, our last day. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Well crud. I need a dress for a wedding Saturday and we don't have a Belk in my area. I love the first dress.

Respected Contributor

Belk's have great delivery, maybe you could overnight a dress that you love.

Valued Contributor

Ladies, thank you so much for all of your replies and suggestions -- I so much appreciate each of you! The two dresses that I posted are being delivered today, so I'll start by trying those on and seeing if they are even options for me. I've been to so many different types of weddings in the last couple years, and I'm always thrown for a loop. This particular one is outside at a beautiful mountain log home, but that doesn't mean casual by any stretch and there will be 200 people or so. Fancy crowd. Starts at 4:30.

Honored Contributor

On 6/12/2014 Lanikins said:

Ladies, thank you so much for all of your replies and suggestions -- I so much appreciate each of you! The two dresses that I posted are being delivered today, so I'll start by trying those on and seeing if they are even options for me. I've been to so many different types of weddings in the last couple years, and I'm always thrown for a loop. This particular one is outside at a beautiful mountain log home, but that doesn't mean casual by any stretch and there will be 200 people or so. Fancy crowd. Starts at 4:30.

If it is 4:30 and a fancy crowd, perhaps you need something along the lines of a cocktail dress or palazzo pants and a dressier top.

Trusted Contributor

On 6/12/2014 Luvmycats said:

Lankins- What age range and size are you in? This makes a difference when selecting a dress... I think that your 1st choice is okay and don't care for the 2nd. I just think that they are a little blah to be honest. I don't care for the shoe choices listed above at all. I would wear something floral. What time is the event & what is the revenue? THis also will help to determine what would be appropriate???

I don't think OP's dresses are "blah"; I think they're simple, have modest, classic cuts that many women would be comfortable wearing, and are totally suitable for an outdoor wedding. The showier floral maxi pictured above is also lovely..........but many of us don't obsess so much about finding the one, true, eye-catching, smashing dress for every occasion.....and we realize we're usually not the center of attention. We just want something attractive, flattering, and suitable for the occasion, toss on some great jewelry and accessories, and we're good to go. Maybe some would consider it sad, but the older I've gotten the less time I spend worrying and obsessing about "what to wear". Simple is often best, and certainly saves me unnecessary mental wear and tear!

Respected Contributor

On 6/11/2014 lolakimono said:

$68

$70.80

The green dress is so pretty.

Respected Contributor

On 6/12/2014 GoodStuff said:

Lankins- What age range and size are you in? This makes a difference when selecting a dress... I think that your 1st choice is okay and don't care for the 2nd. I just think that they are a little blah to be honest. I don't care for the shoe choices listed above at all. I would wear something floral. What time is the event & what is the revenue? THis also will help to determine what would be appropriate???

I don't think OP's dresses are "blah"; I think they're simple, have modest, classic cuts that many women would be comfortable wearing, and are totally suitable for an outdoor wedding. The showier floral maxi pictured above is also lovely..........but many of us don't obsess so much about finding the one, true, eye-catching, smashing dress for every occasion.....and we realize we're usually not the center of attention. We just want something attractive, flattering, and suitable for the occasion, toss on some great jewelry and accessories, and we're good to go. Maybe some would consider it sad, but the older I've gotten the less time I spend worrying and obsessing about "what to wear". Simple is often best, and certainly saves me unnecessary mental wear and tear!

Respected Contributor

On 6/12/2014 birkin baby said:
On 6/12/2014 GoodStuff said:

I would wear something like this to an outdoor wedding.But if a maxi is too much,the basic light floaty style in a mid length or knee length would be beautiful.