Honored Contributor

Re: Dress like Olivia Pope...Scandal & The Limited Collection-Debut Sept 23rd!

On 9/16/2014 vaccinia said:

BTW, there's a feature in the October issue of In Style about the collection. There's also a dress in the blush color that is just gorgeous.

The wrap coat is $274! Definitely more than I'm willing to pay for a coat at The Limited. Their stuff does go on sale pretty quickly, so if it's not all snapped up right away, maybe some will be available at better prices.

Lol, we are spoiled with Target designer pricing. But a coat will last for many years if the fabric & design is good. I want to see the lookbook-all of the items. You have great resources, please post if you find it. Thx

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

On 9/16/2014 Chi-town girl said:
On 9/16/2014 vaccinia said:

BTW, there's a feature in the October issue of In Style about the collection. There's also a dress in the blush color that is just gorgeous.

The wrap coat is $274! Definitely more than I'm willing to pay for a coat at The Limited. Their stuff does go on sale pretty quickly, so if it's not all snapped up right away, maybe some will be available at better prices.

Lol, we are spoiled with Target designer pricing. But a coat will last for many years if the fabric & design is good. I want to see the lookbook-all of the items. You have great resources, please post if you find it. Thx

Good point about the coat. Haven't seen a look book yet, but the collection comes out September 23. If I run across any additional info, will definitely post.

Contributor

Trusted Contributor

On 9/17/2014 sterling36 said:

I found this link:

http://www.eonline.com/news/579628/all-the-looks-from-the-scandal-collection-for-the-limited-see-th...

Thanks for posting this! I hope there are some pants left when this stuff goes on sale. I have good luck with the fit of The Limited pants.

Contributor

I am lusting the wrap coat. Either in pink or the oatmeal color

Trusted Contributor

Here's link to a bunch of photos of the various pieces:

http://racked.com/archives/2014/09/16/scandal-limited-collection.php

Honored Contributor

Scandal Collection, The Limited The Limited

It's here! It's here!

Rejoice Gladiators the big day has finally come. No, it's not the season four premiere but almost as good: The look book for the Scandal collection for The Limited has just arrived. Because, let's be real, the only thing as fun as watching Olivia Pope, is dressing like her.

Created by Kerry Washington, the show's costume designer Lyn Paolo and VP of Design at The Limited, Elliot Staples, you already knew it wasn't likely to disappoint but seeing that fact might result in some gleeful squeals (at least in our office it did).

So, spoiler alert: Your office-wear is about to get a major update.

NEWS: Lyn Paolo shares her fave Olivia Pope looks

Yes, there are beautiful coats, power suits, long sweaters, leather purses and everything looks like it came straight out of Pope's now-iconic wardrobe.

There are also quite a lot of black and white items, which we know from our chats with Paolo, is Olivia's signature effect.

But the one color that was a very pleasant surprise? Pink! From peachy-pink to dusty-rose, we counted at least five items in the feminine hue—including a coat, which we're predicting will be the first thing to sell out.

The Scandal collection hits stores and online on Sept. 23 and the season four premiere follows just two days later. Prepare the popcorn and wine!

Scandal Collection, The Limited

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Some select images From Racked--thx vaccinia!!!

Three months after the initial announcement, the full Limited x Scandal collection is here, with model Chanel Iman fronting the campaign. Kerry Washington was reportedly in on the design process, along with the show's costume designer, Lyn Paolo, and The Limited's head of design, Elliot Staples. As promised, the collaboration will be priced from $49 to $248, and it's slated to hit stores and the website on September 23rd.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for posting the photos, Chi-town. I honestly don't see a single thing in that collection that I wouldn't wear.

Is the hem on the dress called a tulip hem? Just lovely.

Esteemed Contributor

Love the pink!!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West