Honored Contributor

Re: Dress like Olivia Pope...Scandal & The Limited Collection-Debut Sept 23rd!

On 9/16/2014 vaccinia said:

I'll definitely be paying a visit to The Limited to take a look at this collection sometime soon.

If you don't shop there regularly, be aware that they have very good sales constantly (you can sign for their e-mails, of course), so don't pay full price!

Thank you! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

On 9/16/2014 LipstickDiva said:
On 9/16/2014 MJ 12 said:
On 9/16/2014 Chi-town girl said:
On 9/16/2014 MJ 12 said:

^ Love. thanks for posting! I'll have to get to a Limited now.

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Yes! Can't remember the last time I shopped or stepped foot in The Limited. Smart move on their part.

I'm dating myself now....for me, in the late 80s probably....high school. Loved it.

thanks again!

Easily the mid to late 80's for me too. In fact, The Limited left our mall years and years ago. It is so far removed from my mind that even though I kept reading that this will be in The Limited, I'm thinking NY & Co.

Speaking of The Limited, I got in trouble on a fairly regular basis for wearing those Firenza sweaters to school. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Good times! Loved them too!

Frequent Contributor

SO excited for this! Thanks for posting .

Respected Contributor

Love the coats (the clothing not so much)

Esteemed Contributor

Kerry Washington wears white/gray beautifully. I think last season all those dark clothes were a feeble attempt to hide her pregnancy (in real life).

Some of the offerings are lovely if the fabric is as nice as the design. I don't even know where a Limited is, but I might go in search of . . .

Super Contributor

Oh I love that beige wrap coat! That is gorgeous.

I have to tell my DD about this. That is her favorite show.

Honored Contributor

On 9/16/2014 imaclotheshog said:

Yes, that wrap coat is gorgeous-olive green too??? The blush pink coat is fab...decisions, lol. Nice change from the typical winter tones. Has the lookbook been released so we can see all tbe items? Noticed that this collection is through May, so looks like items for fall/winter and spring/summer!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

Yes, that wrap coat is gorgeous-olive green too??? The blush pink coat is fab...decisions, lol. Nice change from the typical winter tones. Has the lookbook been released so we can see all tbe items? Noticed that this collection is through May, so looks like items for fall/winter and spring/summer!

I love the blush, too! I had found a similar pink coat at H&M that I was planning to purchase, then noticed that it's unlined and I don't think I want a wool blend with no lining. Will have to check out this one instead! Just love the wrap style.

Honored Contributor

On 9/16/2014 vaccinia said:

I love the blush, too! I had found a similar pink coat at H&M that I was planning to purchase, then noticed that it's unlined and I don't think I want a wool blend with no lining. Will have to check out this one instead! Just love the wrap style.

Yes, and the collar design is so flattering. Inspired by Prada and Alexander McQueen. The pink coat is priced at 250...need to see it in store ;-)

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

BTW, there's a feature in the October issue of In Style about the collection. There's also a dress in the blush color that is just gorgeous.

The wrap coat is $274! Definitely more than I'm willing to pay for a coat at The Limited. Their stuff does go on sale pretty quickly, so if it's not all snapped up right away, maybe some will be available at better prices.