Honored Contributor

I heard on the news today, that while Dressbarn is still closing all of their stores, you will still be able to shop online. I am glad about that!!!!!

Respected Contributor

That is good news.  They are one of the few places left that sell nice clothes (especially for work) at a reasonable price.

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN   I have not shopped there since I am retired but I did when I was working.  I can't believe they are closing their stores.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I'm truly amazed they were successful for as long as they were with that horrible name!!

Unless you grew up on a farm the word barn doesn't have a particularly glamorous connotation...

'Pick up your clothes!! You weren't raised in a barn!!'

Respected Contributor

I talked to one of the managers at the only store left in my city.  She said that Dress Barn sold the name but not the product.  You can still order on line, but who knows what will be offered.

Honored Contributor

Yes, they have a new owner now and they are officially an oline retailer.  It looks like they are selling off the inventory, there are some great buys online.  I also the discount email, although I don't intend to buy anything.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

I'm truly amazed they were successful for as long as they were with that horrible name!!

Unless you grew up on a farm the word barn doesn't have a particularly glamorous connotation...

'Pick up your clothes!! You weren't raised in a barn!!'

@Andreatoo 

I understand what you are saying, but IMO Old Navy & Gap aren’t exactly “flattering” names either. I shop a store based on their merchandise - not their name.

I shopped Dress Barn because they had nice classic clothes for reasonable prices. 

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I heard on the news today, that while Dressbarn is still closing all of their stores, you will still be able to shop online. I am glad about that!!!!!

@CANDLEQUEEN 

I received a text from my local DB store today saying that close out sales begin today. Will probably drop by sometime in the next week or two. I have several things from DB that I really like. 

Honored Contributor

Ahhh...memories. Dress Barn was one of my go-to's from the mid-70's through til I got married in 2000. My hometown store was in Branford, CT.

I've been in Nebraska ever since.  Smiley Very Happy