Super Contributor

Re: Drapey Pocket Knit Dress

Nope!

Honored Contributor

Drape can be so attractive.  This has no appeal to me at all.

If anyone likes it, please enjoy.Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

By BCBGeneration at TJMaxx site. $29.99. I don't think it's flattering even on that very thin model. It's also a high low hem.

On the plus side the pockets have plenty of room for a cell phone, lipstick, cash and credit cards, possibly hair tools...

IMG_20190804_112738_025.jpgtjx (2).jpeg

This dress would look better on a curvier girl. I think it is beautiful except for the unnecessarily uneven hem..  The clunky dark shoes going up to her shins don't complement.

Trusted Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

By BCBGeneration at TJMaxx site. $29.99. I don't think it's flattering even on that very thin model. It's also a high low hem.

On the plus side the pockets have plenty of room for a cell phone, lipstick, cash and credit cards, possibly hair tools...

IMG_20190804_112738_025.jpgtjx (2).jpeg

This dress would look better on a curvier girl. I think it is beautiful except for the unnecessarily uneven hem..  The clunky dark shoes going up to her shins don't complement.

Hmmmm. I hadn't thought of that. I think you're right. 

Respected Contributor

no.  there is nothing attractive about that dress at all.  (well, maybe the color)

Honored Contributor

The dress doesn't flatter the model.  Maybe it would work for someone with more curves. However, even so it is not a dress I would buy.

Honored Contributor

This dress would be flattering only on a woman who wants her hips to look wider. Woman Surprised

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Valued Contributor

I've returned things that I bought that I didn't realize didn't have pockets. I won't buy pants or a skirt without pockets. Pockets on dresses are rare, but I so prefer them. I need somewhere to keep a tissue, and depending on what I'm doing, my keys. No pockets, no buy.

Honored Contributor

I tried this dress on in TJ Maxx today! I was looking for a different dress and voila here was the drapey pocket dress. It was marked down to $15.

It is a thin stretchy fabric but it still has some structure to it. Way too low cut for my taste, nothing shows on me cause I got nothing. I wear an 8 or a 10, this was an 8 and fit. I would wear a shaper though.

The drapey pockets looked awful. I don't even have bigger hips either.

A woman actually took this out of my cart in one of the aisles and said ooh this is so pretty. I hate when people shop out of your shopping cart. She knew it was mine, I was right next to it.

I did end up finding a black and white polka dot Bebe jumpsuit for $15. Loved the fit. Belt is missing so I'll just supply my own. No zippers or buttons at the neck, it's stretchy and you just pull down the top for using the restroom. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Also this dress in the store was definitely a rust color, not red

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"