Esteemed Contributor

Re: Draper James-Free Dress Giveaway For Teachers

When I registered, I never even thought about them having a vetting system, but I guess they need one to ensure their purpose is carried out.  I hope somebody here wins.  A few minutes ago, I received an email from Draper James for 20% off a regular price item.

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

Let's be fair, not all teachers are women, so they are only honoring some teachers.

did the contest say it had to be WOMEN teachers? a male teacher could enter and give it to his wife or daughter.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@patbz wrote:

Let's be fair, not all teachers are women, so they are only honoring some teachers.

did the contest say it had to be WOMEN teachers? a male teacher could enter and give it to his wife or daughter.

No, it didn't say that it was only open for women.  

They asked for name, email address, grade level and/or subject, school name, school state, and home zip code.

Esteemed Contributor

Some of my favorite Draper James dresses:

(funny how a lot of the dresses on their website wouldn't comply with my school's dress code 😂)

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 12.33.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 12.33.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 12.31.21 PM.png

Esteemed Contributor

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 12.26.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 12.27.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 12.31.53 PM.png

Esteemed Contributor

Today is the day that 250 teachers will receive an email from Draper James to let them know they won a dress.  Did anyone here win?  

I just checked out Draper James's Facebook page and there are some negative comments about the promotion--more negative than positive.

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

Today is the day that 250 teachers will receive an email from Draper James to let them know they won a dress.  Did anyone here win?  

I just checked out Draper James's Facebook page and there are some negative comments about the promotion--more negative than positive.

wow @wildcat fan  i just went to do some reading......there are a lot of angry posts regarding the giveaway.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I received an email from Draper James today with a code for 30% off sitewide and it expires next Tuesday.  I am very appreciative of that.