Respected Contributor

Re: Dr. Who Performed Joan's Throat Surgery is Out

From what I've read, Joan traveled with her own doctor.

Respected Contributor

The New York Times ran a very long and detailed story today about this. Are they also a gossip rag?

Highlighted
Super Contributor

On 9/12/2014 Scooby Doo said:

I read that too. I been also reading Joan also got more security over death threats from her Israel comments.
Super Contributor

On 9/12/2014 Ms X said:

The New York Times ran a very long and detailed story today about this. Are they also a gossip rag?

Right that's what I'm saying. Chi town girl was flagging all my posts and QVC said it's against rules to flag people who aren't violating any rules and none of us have, we all been respectful in our discussions about Joan who we all adored.
Valued Contributor

Her Dr at the clinic was an ENT Dr. I doubt she traveled with him. There is something very strange about having an ENT Dr that wasn't with the clinic in while she had surgery.

Super Contributor

On 9/12/2014 milly said:

Her Dr at the clinic was an ENT Dr. I doubt she traveled with him. There is something very strange about having an ENT Dr that wasn't with the clinic in while she had surgery.

The entire thing is strange. It sounds as if two people were "stepping down" and I'm not sure was one of them a doctor at the clinic or a private doctor that arrived with Joan that day.
Respected Contributor

On 9/12/2014 milly said:

Milly: It's not unusual for someone having surgery or a diagnostic procedure to have doctors from two specialties performing procedures or looking for various conditions. This cuts down on cost and the need for anesthesia. However, if one doctor could not legally perform a procedure there, they've got trouble even if that didn't have anything to do with Joan's death. The articles say no wrongdoing has been claimed so far regarding these doctors, so time will tell. It would be sad if this doctor who's been fired was an excellent doctor. We still don't know so many things about what happened and why.

Respected Contributor

And again and again the rumors. And some words from our local experts!

I for one am not going to open any more Joan Rivers posts. I hope some of you will join me. Enough is more than enough!!!

Regular Contributor

If he was her regular gastro Dr. maybe he just can't handle what happened ...Imagine how he must feel.

One thing I would like to know is who went with her to drive her home. Just curious. No matter what its a terrible tragedy and still can't believe it no matter how ""old"" she was she had more energy than me~!!

And.....as a PS Nicole Kidmans father died after exercising so when its your time it IS.

Regular Contributor

I first want to say I liked Joan Rivers but as someone who has had many endoscopies (due to a transplant) you have to SIGN many release forms before they touch you. If Joan were uncomfortable with the clinic she had the money to have it performed at a hospital. I had no choice due to my insurance. The reason the healthcare costs what it does is because right away people want to sue. She lived 81 wonderful years. 78 is the average life span. Who knows if she was walking on the street she could have had a heart attack. I am not cold its reality. Look at the obituaries at how many people drop dead. An 18 year old kid here in NJ was playing football and dropped. that is sad!!! Fact -- she signed the papers. NO doctor will do the procedure without a signature!!!

Arley