Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dr. Deborah Brix and Scarves

I like the way she wears them....I never thought they looked good on me and I could never get them to look "right"..

Respected Contributor

I am not sure why some people think scarves are outdated.  They are everywhere.  I believe they are a classic piece of clothing that can enhance an outfit if worn properly.  The premier scarf maker Hermes still manufactures them!!

Honored Contributor

What's outdated to some is classic to others. 

Dr. Birx has personal style, we notice and remember her by it. She and her attire are classic.

Honored Contributor

@Gorgf I did notice right away that she decorates her dresses with scarfs.

Growing up, I had an Aunt I lived with who did the same thing.

It can make an ordinary dress or top look fancy and pretty.

She wears them well, doesn't she.

My daughter went skiing with her best friend and best friend's fiance right before stay at home was declared.

The friend works for Dr. Brix directly.  Her friend was working in Africa studying Aids and Ebola.

When the virus came she got moved back to DC and is now working on the virus.

Anyway, my daughter, this friend and fiance and my daughter's boyfriend all 4 got the virus.  They are all 39 and very athletic.

My daughter said it was bad but there never was a reason to go to the hospital.  She was tested and told to go home and take Tylenol to keep down the fever.  

I don't know about her friend except to say no one had to go to the hospital and the worst part of it was over in a few days.

For at least a week or a little more my daughter kept telling me that it felt like there was a brick sitting on her chest.  She also had a terrible headache.  It's pretty much gone now.

Take care.  Whoops!  I almost forgot why I even posted here.  The daughter's friend said Dr. Brix is as sweet, firm but soft spoken as she is on TV.

Respected Contributor

I admire Dr. Brix style for she does it well and it works on her...I love scarves but they never looked good on me and my style does not work with scarves.

Esteemed Contributor

Several years ago I started buying 50" square scarves from Ebay ( most are from China where they raised silk worms).  Most are about $12 shipped and they are very good quality.

Trusted Contributor

Some of her style with the scarves look nice,but some do not.She over does it.

Contributor

I like Drs. Birx and Fauci. Wouldn't it be nice if SOMEONE would share the microphone and spotlight and let them speak? If you haven't noticed their dimishishing contributions lately you are not paying attention.

Contributor

diminishing 

Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

Is wearing a scarf every day my style -- no. But it is the chosen style of Dr. Birx and I feel she owns it and wears it well.

To be honest, given the grim state we are in with this deadly virus and her contributions to mitigation, I  l feel sad we are critiquing her attire.

HI Magic!  Long time no hear!  i'm on from time to time! 

I love her and her scarves!  She is such a bright woman-smart, articulate and competent.  i like Dr. Brix and Fauci! Smiley Happy. hope all is well! 

@winamac1 Hi Win! I found your note reading old posts during a night of sleeplessness. Like you, I bounce in and out and don't even sign in unless I have something profound to say.😊

The board just isn't the same as it once was and I miss hearing about all your fab finds. I was relatively constrained in my purchases last year, but starting January 1st of this year I kind of went off the rails. And now sweatpants are the outfit du jour.

I hope you are doing well during these difficult times. Be safe and stay healthy.