Contributor
On 2/24/2014 PKB said:
On 2/24/2014 tishkins said:

Have you heard of the series Upstairs Downstairs. It is just like Downton Abbey. Watched it in tv many many years ago. I have found it on my kindle in the video section.If you like Downton give it a try.

I've been debating whether to buy the set of Upstairs Downstairs

It was a wonderful series. I highly recommend it.

Super Contributor

I am so sad for Edith as well. She is such a sympathetic character!

Oh ladies! I am watching the part again where Mary is in the (drawing room?) during the ball with her gentleman friend (the one that was engaged) and she is wearing the beaded copper sleeveless gown.

I am in love with her beaded drop tassle necklace! OMG what a necklace! I have to rewind it just to see it again. I wish they would do a jewelry line from this series. I would want a necklace like that!

Super Contributor
On 2/24/2014 PurpleBunny said:
On 2/24/2014 faeriemoon said:

Thoughts on Mr Bates? I don't think he's guilty of murder, but I think he was in London.

They sure are setting it up to look like he did it.

No, I don't think he did it. I think he got someone he knew from the prison to do it. I think he went to London, paid someone to do it and then maybe left London.

He may have done it himself, but I doubt it. They want you to believe he did, with the ticket showing up in his pocket.

Esteemed Contributor
Poor Edith, Mary has 3 suitors and Edith can't find the one she did have. that woman cannot catch a break!
Honored Contributor

So happy none of the stars want to leave and we didn't have to see someone written out of the script. Anyone know what "Matthew Crowley" us doing now?

AS for Barrow - I really hope he gets his comeuppance again soon and that no one comes to his rescue this time. I just don't like that character, but I agree the actor playing the part does it well.

Aside - went to see The Monuments Men on Saturday. Nice part played by Hugh Bonneville there, too. Great film.

Regular Contributor

I must have missed the episode, about the young butler, why he is so intent on getting some dirt on the family, Why is he.?

Super Contributor
On 2/24/2014 imaclotheshog said:
On 2/24/2014 PurpleBunny said:
On 2/24/2014 faeriemoon said:

Thoughts on Mr Bates? I don't think he's guilty of murder, but I think he was in London.

They sure are setting it up to look like he did it.

No, I don't think he did it. I think he got someone he knew from the prison to do it. I think he went to London, paid someone to do it and then maybe left London.

He may have done it himself, but I doubt it. They want you to believe he did, with the ticket showing up in his pocket.

I think they planted two seeds ... the ticket stub, and the fact that he now has prison buddies. I'd think Bates is smart enough to get someone else to do it, and establish an alibi for himself.

Honored Contributor
On 2/24/2014 imaclotheshog said:

I am so sad for Edith as well. She is such a sympathetic character!

Oh ladies! I am watching the part again where Mary is in the (drawing room?) during the ball with her gentleman friend (the one that was engaged) and she is wearing the beaded copper sleeveless gown.

I am in love with her beaded drop tassle necklace! OMG what a necklace! I have to rewind it just to see it again. I wish they would do a jewelry line from this series. I would want a necklace like that!

1928 jewelry company does do a jewelry line but of course not everything you see on the show is reproduced for us.

Downton Abbey jewellery

And if you like the opera length necklaces (36"") google on the website's search bar and they will come up -- google 'opera length necklace'

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor
On 2/24/2014 millieshops said:

So happy none of the stars want to leave and we didn't have to see someone written out of the script. Anyone know what "Matthew Crowley" us doing now?

AS for Barrow - I really hope he gets his comeuppance again soon and that no one comes to his rescue this time. I just don't like that character, but I agree the actor playing the part does it well.

Aside - went to see The Monuments Men on Saturday. Nice part played by Hugh Bonneville there, too. Great film.

Dan Stevens (Matthew Crowley) left to do a show on Broadway
Honored Contributor

One of my favorite things about watching any shows British is that the people look like REAL people.

Think about it. Everyone on American TV have beautiful white teeth. They are all thin with great figures. The women have large (well you know). There aren't any people who are in wheelchairs or have anything wrong with them.