Regular Contributor

Really enjoyed last night's episode. The fashions as usual were great. Don't like that butler and his attitude . Wonder why he is always asking the maid to spy for him? Glad she seems to see the light and is enjoying the company of the other gentleman. Was so surprised at end of show to find out I was season final.OMG what am I to watch on Sunday night.Do hope Edith decides to keep.her baby. How did you all like the show?

Esteemed Contributor

I thought it was very good and liked the ending with Mrs. Hughes and Mr. Carson. The season was too short - especially since we have to wait until next January!! I don't know what the butler Barrow has over that Mrs. Baxter, but glad she is not cooperating any more. Didn't like that Barrow told Lord G that Branson brought a woman to the house. Also glad that Edith decided to bring her baby to England, even if for now she is not raising her. I think her family will eventually find out. Lady Mary did the right thing regarding the ticket in Bates' pocket.

Respected Contributor

I too was shocked and disappointed to find out it was the season finale! At least this season left off on a more pleasant note than last season (with Matthew's death). I loved seeing everyong frolicking at the beach.

So Mr. Bates is an expert forger and pickpocket (not to mention suspected murderer)! He does seem to have a darker side, but I still like him so much! Barrow is so dastardly! The actor who plays him does a very good job of portraying him as such a low-down villain.

There was so much going on in this episode I think I will re-watch. I was caught off guard from the beginning when it turned out that Edith had left to have her baby in Switzerland and already returned! I wasn't expecting that.

OMG the fashion ! ! ! I even swooned a bit to see Lord Grantham in his dress military uniform.

Honored Contributor

I see a clue coming for next season-- the 'brown shirts' reference and there was reference for The Prince of Wales not caring too much about protocol-- maybe setting the stage for him dating Wallis Simpson some day.

I laughed at how Paul Giamatti was so boorish-- could it be a subtle dig at Americans from the writer?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

It was absolutely wonderful. I too did not realize it was the finale for season 4, oh no. I saved this episode and last week's so will re-watch to soak it all in, one more time at least.

Respected Contributor

It was good! I will miss it too. My heart just breaks for Edith!! Now we get into the brown shirts in Germany....

Respected Contributor
I've got it on right now ... Third time!!!
( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Regular Contributor
I missed the brown shirt reference. Someone please tell me when it was and I will rewatch. I have DVDs of the four seasons and will watch the entire thing at least twice before next season. Do we really have to wait until January 2015 for more?? Sad.
Respected Contributor
I loved it when Violet referred to, "Mary's men" and Mary said, "don't call them Mary's men!" Lol!!
( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor
On 2/24/2014 Aiminghigh said: I missed the brown shirt reference. Someone please tell me when it was and I will rewatch. I have DVDs of the four seasons and will watch the entire thing at least twice before next season. Do we really have to wait until January 2015 for more?? Sad.

Lady Edith is telling about some information she has on her boyfriend and recounts the story of him getting into a fight with some 'brown shirts' because of what they were talking about. He went missing after this incident.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼