Valued Contributor

I have been with the q for 28 years  Has Peter Dooney ever come on tV  I WOULD THINK THAT after all of the business he has done over the years he would get himself to Penn 

Trusted Contributor

Not everyone wants to be give up their privacy and become a public face.  I have purchased several of his bags because I like them.  I donot buy any product because of the designer.   I am not famous by any means but I am a private person and I hate to have my picture taken.  I have seen my picture on Facebook because I was at a function for charity.  I did not like that.  I give support because I want to.  I do not need recognition.   Peter has built a very good business and I respect this and appreciate it.  He has excellent ladies representing his company and they do a great job.  They would lose a paycheck if he replaced them.  I also am a long time customer of QVC and Dooney.

Honored Contributor

He may not be comfortable going on television or speaking in public - many people are uncomfortable with those things. Whether or not he appears on TV makes no difference to me and Sue represents the products well. 

Valued Contributor

I agree  I was just curious if I missed him

Honored Contributor

If Dooney would not be comfortable on a show, I applaud him for knowing that and for respecting us as viewers as he stays away and provides a rep who is good on air and knows her stuff.

There's a huge difference between designing and having a business and being a good public voice for that business.  I'd probably buy way less if the onair person were nervous as he talked.

I love meeting the people I buy from - but on a much smaller scale than QVC.  At craft shows, at local shops, I even have a carving bought from a fellow my ex and I met on a beach in Oregon in 1974.  It's still a neat story to tell when someone asks about the piece.  But QVC?  Seeing a good vendor  rep is fine with me.

Valued Contributor

Why should Peter Dooney appear on QVC?  Dr. Perricone doesn't, even though I have seen him on some infomercials.  Some people are not interested in being in the public eye, and that's their choice.