Valued Contributor

Just flipping around and saw them on tonight, are they changing channels?

Occasional Contributor

I just saw this too! What gives????

Honored Contributor

@Juliasmom@ajsidney12: Since QVC and HSN are now owned by the same parent company, perhaps that explains why they are both selling the same product. But it does seem odd!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~

Doesn’t QVC own HSN now?

Honored Contributor

@Leftygirl wrote:

Doesn’t QVC own HSN now?

@Leftygirl: The same company that owns QVC (Liberty Interactive), now also owns HSN, among other companies.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Super Contributor

I looked at the program line up for HSN maybe a week or so ago and they had Kitchen Aid mixers and products. I don't think HSN has had the brand before. I expect since QVC and HSN are now owned by the same parent there will be overlapping of products. 

• I don't watch either programs, but I do look on line to see the products presented. It may be that there will just be two of the same items in the on line selling.

tea

Honored Contributor

Yes, We're now all one big, happy family owned by a corporation called Qurate.  They also own these...

Screenshot_20180727-234148.jpg.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Dooney manufactures lots of different bags.  I shopped Lord and Taylor this afternoon where there was a large Dooney presence and nothing I've seen at the Q.  Macys only a few minutes walk in the same mall offers different Dooneys.  I'm not  buying but it might be interesting to watch if there's overlap between QVC and HSN in anything but the brand name.

Honored Contributor

I saw a few minutes of the show, great host at HSN and a good vendor from Dooney and Bourke as well. Their shipping however at HSN was over 12.00-very high!!!!

Honored Contributor

I tuned in to see who the vendor was going to be.  The prices of the bags were high and the few I saw were the same bags offered over and over on QVC.  In fact I think the This Day Only crossbody was a this day only on QVC recently.

The s/h was slightly higher than QVC. There was about a dollar to $2.00 difference in the bags I saw.  But they offered the Zip Zip satchel and the Lexington shopper, which are shown ad nauseum.

The QVC program guide shows D&B having shows in August.  HSN also had an hour of Clarks footwear fairly recently.

I'm guessing before long, QVC and HSN are going to be one network.  I don't know what the point will be of having 2 networks showing the same merchandise/brands.