Super Contributor

I got my bag today.   I ordered the black one.   I'm not a Dooney girl and it's typically not my type, but I do like this one and will be keeping it.  The size is perfect.  Lots of compartments to keep all my things separate and easy to find.  Nice long crossbody strap.  And the pebble leather is durable so I can confidently carry my ipad.  

As to the concern about it not having a zipper, most bags now don't have a zipper.   It eliminates the common problem of it snagging, breaking or being rough on the hand.  It usually takes both hands to unzip, whereas it only takes one to unsnap. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney & Bourke TSV???

[ Edited ]

I wouldn't say "most" bags now have a zipper top. That isn't my impression at all.

All the disadvantages of a zipper you wrote are true; the disadvantage of not having one is it's easler to have a pickpocket get into your purse.

I'm glad you like your purchase though and will get good use out of it.  Zipper issue notwithstanding, it was too heavy for me to want to carry.

Super Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I wouldn't say "most" bags now have a zipper top. That isn't my impression at all.

All the disadvantages of a zipper you wrote are true; the disadvantage of not having one is it's easler to have a pickpocket get into your purse.

I'm glad you like your purchase though and will get good use out of it.  Zipper issue notwithstanding, it was too heavy for me to want to carry.

My post said that most bags do not have a zipper closure.   That's been my personal observation.  They either have a magnetic or snap closure, or some have neither and have an open top.  I've recently shopped for a handbag and I saw very few with a top zip.   I think many women prefer the convenience of being able to slip their hand into the bag at any moment to retrieve their wallet or keys without having to unzip, and there is no hassle with a stuck or broken zipper.  jmo