Honored Contributor

Donna Salyers -Fabric Face Masks

Another option for fabric face masks! $12, made in USA

9665ea6f453a938f.png

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Re: Donna Salyers -Fabric Face Masks

Seeing a lot of these designer fabric masks, but they aren't made for virus protection.  Could possibly use them over an N95 mask, but could we breathe?

Respected Contributor

Yesterday I made five fabric face masks on my sewing machine.  I couldn’t find elastic (online) so when I made a grocery run I picked up some larger ponytail holders which works great. 

Valued Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

9665ea6f453a938f.png

I ordered the min leopard...all the prints are cute! Its $18 with ship/tax..thanks Chi! Heart

Valued Contributor

@emmygrace wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

9665ea6f453a938f.png

I ordered the min leopard...all the prints are cute! Its $18 with ship/tax..thanks Chi! Heart

They just shipped my mask..ordered last night!!!!!!! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@emmygrace wrote:

@emmygrace wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

9665ea6f453a938f.png

They just shipped my mask..ordered last night!!!!!!! Woman Very Happy

@emmygrace  - yay!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

@itsmagic 

I had the same idea (but have yet to get sewing), and bought some very large pony-tail holders at Target.  They are quite thick, but I hope they work.

These are cute, but I'm going to try to sew some first.

How did yours come out?  What kind of fabric did you use?

I bought some bandanas to use and hoping they are more comfortable than regular masks.

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman   I was in the grocery store and they had large squares of cotton fabric for sale so I bought a couple of those plus the ponytail holders.   I also bought a bandana.  I used a pattern after watching a YouTube video by Treasurie (search for “diy face mask Treasurie”) If you are interested. She has a pattern on her website you can print off. That information for her website is printed under her YouTube video.  I made each end of the pattern a bit longer so I could fold the ends over a couple folds to accommodate the ponytail holders which are a bit shorter than 7” of elastic she recommended to make sure they would fit across my face and not pull on my ears. Hope this helps and good luck. They are easy to make. 

Face masks

Honored Contributor

She has so many different styles - to coordinate with your outfit I suppose.  By the way, her masks are two-layer construction but apparently don't have a filter. They have a slit on one side in case you want to insert "additional protection," i.e. a filter.

Honored Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

@Witchy Woman   I was in the grocery store and they had large squares of cotton fabric for sale so I bought a couple of those plus the ponytail holders.   I also bought a bandana.  I used a pattern after watching a YouTube video by Treasurie (search for “diy face mask Treasurie”) If you are interested. She has a pattern on her website you can print off. That information for her website is printed under her YouTube video.  I made each end of the pattern a bit longer so I could fold the ends over a couple folds to accommodate the ponytail holders which are a bit shorter than 7” of elastic she recommended to make sure they would fit across my face and not pull on my ears. Hope this helps and good luck. They are easy to make. 

Face masks

@itsmagic  - beautiful!