Esteemed Contributor

Re: Don't ""wish"" your seasons away! :-)

I put a lot of value on every day that I wake up and realize I'm still here! However, that said, the older I've gotten, the more the heat affects me. I used to be able to get out and work in the yard all day with a break here and there, paint my house, do all sorts of things. But the summers here the last few years have been miserable, with very high heat and humidity, ticks, and mosquitoes, and the last couple of years, yellow jacket nests in my yard! I got stung for the second time in two years, and my hand swelled so much I had to go to Urgent Care twice, then had an allergic reaction to the Prednisone they put me on! They said I might need to get an Epi Pen in case it happens again.

So although I value every day, I find that I have to stay inside more, so I really do look forward to Fall and Winter. I don't want as much snow and ice as some of you had last year, but I sure would like a few good snows - it's been years since we had a good one. And I don't even need all the summer clothes I have, and have more than enough for cold weather. LET IT SNOW! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

I agree some, but retail has always been ahead of the game. I went in Bath and Body Works looking for a summer candle, only to find out they had been on clearance and were mostly gone. Same with summer clothes. This summer went really fast. I guess it's true what they say about the older you get. . ! Wink

Trusted Contributor

I am too! Summer is so short, and seems to pass so quickly. I'm not going to any malls or looking at any boots and leather jackets and tights until after Labor Day at the very earliest.

Respected Contributor

Yes....I do like it when they start talking about spring and summer in the middle of winter though (:
Respected Contributor

I completely agree. Any day now people will start posting on how they're tired of summer and they want to put up their Halloween décor.

I understand that stores have always sold for the next season. However, it doesn't make me panic.

I'm still enjoying SUMMER.

New Contributor

Retailers always have to be almost a season/holiday ahead of time, but they seem to keep pushing it, especially the Christmas decorations before Halloween. Now that is ridiculous. Don't remember it being so bad years ago as it is now.

Honored Contributor

On 8/2/2014 tucsongal said:

It also depends where you live. I look forward to October the way people up north look forward to April. Of course, we're only dealing with heat, not snow and ice {#emotions_dlg.devil2}.

Very few people realize that this is our severe weather..........unless they actually experience 115 in the shade........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Stores gear up for back to school supplies in mid July. Summer clearance on clothes started in June. Christmas in July used to be one day, now it's half of July. Really with clothing being like fast food, there's no rush to buy clothes....turn around and there's always something new in the stores.
Contributor

Ditto, it's sad that for the almighty green $$$, that's all we heard for the last couple days!

Thank, goodness in some parts of the country it's still in the 90's plus, after such a hard long winter.

We are just wishing our lives away.

Respected Contributor

ITA!