Super Contributor

Re: Don't order from Bedford Fair

Wow that's expensive. I have never ordered from there, what do they have? Well most companies do not reimburse you return shipping, if you have to send something back. Even Q only gives you back the original shipping cost, not the return shipping.

Some companies have the price of the return shipping label, on the return form and invoice that tells you what the charge is. If you are doing an exchange, usually they don't charge you for it.

I don't think any of us order something, thinking we will have to return it. We usually hope it fits and want to keep it.

It stinks when you have to pay to return something tho and you don't get the original S&H back. As far as I know, HSN and QVC are the only companies that reimburse you for the original S&H charges.

You just have to be careful what you order and from where, and be prepared to pay the shipping both ways, in the case it doesn't fit.

I know I have ordered something from JJill in the past, and had to pay S&H to me and then back to them when it didn't fit. It stinks. I am much more careful what I order from them now, and usually wait for reviews and call for measurements.

Valued Contributor

Neiman Marcus pays shipping both ways regardless of the amount as do many others if it is over a certain amount.

I paid nothing using my Red Card from Target to have 4 bar stools delivered to my home. Plus 5% off the amount of the chairs.

Respected Contributor

I've ordered from them once or twice & found their products to be extremely low quality & the cut of the garments extremely skimpy. Now if I get one of their catalogs, I just toss it into the paper recycle bin.

Sorry you had so many problems with them.

Trusted Contributor

I had a similiar experience with Boston Proper. Had to pay shipping both ways. Most companies don't reimburse shipping like the Q does. Now I am very very careful when ordering from a company on-line that I'm unable to make returns in-store.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the warning. I haven't and I won't.