Honored Contributor

Have you ever noticed that Dolly doesn't wear sleeveless clothing? She wears long sleeves all of the time in all types of weather.

There are very few pictures of her wearing short sleeve clothing or sleeveless and they are from years ago. I doubt she would wear something that showed her arms while being filmed while getting the vaccine.

Honored Contributor

Yes! That was so pretty!  I noticed on her Christmas special that she was wearing some kind of sparkly jewelry on her hands or decals or something and I think she was wearing a shear type of hand covering which had jewel like details on them.  I have noticed her wearing similar things before.  Perhaps, to make her hands appear younger looking?  If so, I don't blame her!  My hands are not looking so young these days either!  She is a doll and I adore her!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I loved it when she sang "Vaccine Vaccine Vaccine Vacciiiiiine....."   before getting her shot.   Love her!  She's beautiful inside and out.  Loved her little speech.  And thought her open shoulder sleeves were perfection.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

ITA, who doesn't love Dolly?    I think the doctor was just being very cautious.  Most times it's not the needle that bothers you, it's the serum.   If it's adminstered slowly you will feel it less.  Though most people say they are getting the shots quickly and it doesn't really bother them?   Again, they didn't want to chance her flinching on national televison as she is trying to advocate how easy it is.

And yes loved her top and her necklace!

Honored Contributor

These tops have been around forever.  I've had a few that I have long since donated.  I think they are still considered cold shoulder tops.  

I had to laugh when I saw this because only Dolly would get this dressed up to get a vaccine.  LOL  I also loved the song she made up to the tune of Jolene.  

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

If you get someone who is not really sure what they're doing😘

shopping (1).jpeg

shopping.jpeg

@Greeneyedlady21 

How darey you!  That's for lab work in case she gets a clerk-in-training who cannot get the vein the first few times.

Honored Contributor

Love Dolly's vaccine style -- perfect. I also read (Page Six, today's NY Post) that she adapted the words to her song Jolene changing them to  "Vaccine, vaccine, vaccine..."  😄

Honored Contributor

Finally a use for those cold shoulder tops!

Super Contributor

I noticed her top on the news, and thought how smart she is to wear that! I wore a sleeveless top for my shots, but with a warm cardigan over it while waiting.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dolly's Top

[ Edited ]

@tototwo wrote:

I loved it when she sang "Vaccine Vaccine Vaccine Vacciiiiiine....."   before getting her shot.   Love her!  She's beautiful inside and out.  Loved her little speech.  And thought her open shoulder sleeves were perfection.

I saw the video this morning on TV.  If you haven't seen it, it's totally a worthwhile watch, worth searching for.

As for her sleeves, I once read she had tattoos she doesn't want to share.

@Pearlee