Valued Contributor

Does your husband help around the house??

Does your husband help around the house without being asked. I mean does he just get up on Saturday morning, clean the bathrooms and vacuum the living room. My husband is a true product of the 50's. All of this is women's work. I mean if I ask he will vacuum if we are having company or whatever but as far as housework, it is all on my shoulders.

And cooking dinner? Yeah right. He can't even think of what to say when I ask him, "what do you want me to cook for dinner?".

Just wondering if your husband or significant other helps without a little push. And actually I am not complaining, just wondering what happens at your house.

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

And yes I put this under fashion talk because if you , the posts are never seen by everybody.l

Valued Contributor

Re: Does your husband help around the house??

I'm actually divorced, but based on my conversation with multiple friends and co-workers, 99% of husbands don't help around the house.... My ex-husband wouldn't even take the trash cans out to the curb when I asked him to! Sad, but not much we can do about it......just know it's a common thing....
Super Contributor

Mine did most of the cooking ... much better cook than I.

He did all the outside yard work.

I don't think I would have wanted him doing any cleaning ... besides with just the two of us, there wasn't much to do.

Respected Contributor

yes, he cooks and cleans. My cleaning is just a little more 'clean' than his, but I don't complain since he is so good about it. He knows I have a stressful job.

Valued Contributor

Oh I forgot to mention my husband's age. He is 62. Just wondering when you post to tell your husband's age to see if that has anything to do when they were raised?

Valued Contributor

My Husband always did something..He Irons his own clothes and cleans the Tub and occasionally will clean the toilet bowl. He washes & dries the clothes..a lot of this stems from when I broke my ankle 6 years ago. I was in a cast for over 8 weeks and then when the cast was removed I had to learn how to walk again,so that took another 3 or more weeks. I couldn't go up & down stairs.he had to do everything..Cook,Clean Shop and go to work..Pretty much what we women do all the time. He had a new respect for what I had done for so many years...

Valued Contributor

My ex would help if asked, but I rarely asked.

My current boyfriend, whom I don't live with, won't even clean the old food out of his own refrigerator. He waits until I do it...but I am done with that. I work too hard and long hours to rush around and clean his place....although he denies it, he seems to have an ingrained attitude that women are subservient. He is 64, by the way.

I am beginning to come to the conclusion that this relationship isn't going to work...{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Super Contributor

On 2/7/2015 Cookie06 said:

Oh I forgot to mention my husband's age. He is 62. Just wondering when you post to tell your husband's age to see if that has anything to do when they were raised?

If he were still here, he would have been 75 this year.

Super Contributor

No. Not unless I ask. I rarely do unless I feel bad or something. He works hard and brings home a nice fat paycheck....I have no complaints! Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

Housework? Generally, no, we have a housekeeper who comes in 3 1/2 days a week due to my arthritis. He is very good about doing laundry and grocery shopping and will do something if I point out that it needs to be done, but on his own? No.