Honored Contributor

Re: Does the oversized sweater run big? A259102

On 2/6/2015 pood said:

What is the correct item # for this sweater?

A259102 brings up a jacket not a sweater....

Hi pood its this one: A257356

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I just received this sweater today in black and the fit is spot on for me. I'm wearing it now (because once I tried it on, I couldn't take it off) and the sweater comfortably skims the body. So you don't get a fitted waist, as with other WK sweater styles, but you get a loose fit with an elegant drape. Neckline is also lovely.

I ordered my usual size, medium, and that's just right for me. I also like the length (just below hip) because at 5'9", I can wear it over pants/jeans, leggings, or a long skirt. I can see how this sweater will be one I reach for again and again. Love it.

Regular Contributor

I bought the "oversized" sweater in my usual size L for this type of longer sweater (I take a M in the WK turtleneck, but an L in most other WK.) It fits beautifully and exactly as Louis said it would, as the Click Here numbers said it would , and as my mid-section problems hoped it would. I think the wording in the description, "oversized," is giving folks some heartburn. I'm very pleased with it and will be ordering in additional colors. The stying is very versatile, and it designed to be a more casual, relaxed style.

The WK longer sweater I did have a problem with is the center-split hem item A 262032. I should have checked the click here numbers more closely. It is sized smaller than a usual L and clings to the tummy area. That one is going back.

Frequent Contributor

I ordered this sweater in my usual XL Linea WK size and it is huge on me. Not only was it too large at my sides, the sleeves were too long, even after rolling them up twice, which I hate to do as I am afraid it will stretch out the WK fabric. The neckline was quite big also. I loved the color (nutmeg) and the style. I carry a lot of my weight at my waist and hips and so I would never think that a Linea sweater would be too large for me in my usual size.

I should have checked the "click here" size listing but didn't thinking a WK sweater would work in my usual size. I am regretfully sending it back and probably won't reorder a smaller size as I am afraid a L would be too small. But a L may work for me, however, I am trying to keep my returns to a minimum.

Valued Contributor

On 2/5/2015 MarilynM said:

I wear an xs, I ordered an xs and I'm happy with the way it fits. I would not call it HUGE. It's over sized as stated, but this is not a huge sweater. If you don't like over sized sweaters then this may not be for you. I can understand if you might think it's one size too big, but huge, no, easy yes. Maybe those that think it's huge received something miss marked. The measurements are very clear, and mine is exactly like the measurements given.To me this is a comfy casual sweater, and I plan on layering with turtlenecks now and nothing going into spring.

I agree completely with your review. For me it works. I like the oversized sweater with skinny jeans & leggings. It has a current look & feel about it. If someone doesn't like a relaxed sweater, than this is not for you. It looks terrific on me, stylish without trying. Love it
Frequent Contributor

On 2/8/2015 shoptilidrop1989 said:

I ordered this sweater in my usual XL Linea WK size and it is huge on me. Not only was it too large at my sides, the sleeves were too long, even after rolling them up twice, which I hate to do as I am afraid it will stretch out the WK fabric. The neckline was quite big also. I loved the color (nutmeg) and the style. I carry a lot of my weight at my waist and hips and so I would never think that a Linea sweater would be too large for me in my usual size.

I should have checked the "click here" size listing but didn't thinking a WK sweater would work in my usual size. I am regretfully sending it back and probably won't reorder a smaller size as I am afraid a L would be too small. But a L may work for me, however, I am trying to keep my returns to a minimum.

Shop - thought I'd let you know that I, too, am a consistent xl in Linea Whisper Knits, and found the xl in this sweater fit me exactly as you described. HOWEVER, I did return it for a large, and am very pleased with the fit. I'd love an extra inch in the hip/sweep, since that's where I carry my weight, but I can absolutely work with it (spanx!). Sizing down tightened up and shortened the arms, and brought in the shoulders... just what I needed. Some info for you!

Frequent Contributor

On 2/10/2015 DebPA said:
On 2/8/2015 shoptilidrop1989 said:

Shop - thought I'd let you know that I, too, am a consistent xl in Linea Whisper Knits, and found the xl in this sweater fit me exactly as you described. HOWEVER, I did return it for a large, and am very pleased with the fit. I'd love an extra inch in the hip/sweep, since that's where I carry my weight, but I can absolutely work with it (spanx!). Sizing down tightened up and shortened the arms, and brought in the shoulders... just what I needed. Some info for you!

DebPA, Thanks so much for sharing your exchange experience. I love this style and I have wanted to try the nutmeg color for a long time. I think I will try a large. I hate to let WK sweaters pass me by because it seems like re orders of Linea items are few and far between.

Respected Contributor

I purchased my regular size small, and it fits me perfectly. Of course, I'm pretty straight (not much on top).