Occasional Contributor

Re: Does the gold/silver tone hardware on a bag determine if you purchase?

On 6/10/2014 cyndog said: Absolutely, must have silver only.

I agree.......silver lover for 25 years and have to have silver buttons, hardware, zippers...etc...

Will not purchase if any other color....I know it's weird but that's just me !!

Silver

Trusted Contributor

On 6/10/2014 vaccinia said:

I used to care about matching my jewelry to my handbag hardware, but not so much now. Most of the bags I've purchased over the last couple of years have goldtone hardware, which works for me because I wear gold most of the time. But if I decide to wear silver one day, I don't feel like I have to change my bag unless I just want to do so. I rarely have time anymore.

Ditto! I don't think bag hardware and jewelry need to match but to each her own. I usually wear yellow gold but have white and rose in my wardrobe. I occasionally mix jewelry metals, too, but that is probably subject of another thread.
Respected Contributor

It does matter to me and I prefer gold tone hardware on a bag. I'm a yellow gold person.

Super Contributor

I have and love both (in bags, jewelry, accessories, etc) and I mix the,. Can't imagine matching everything. What would I do with my platinum wedding/engagement rings if I wanted to wear my Gucci with gold hardware???
Trusted Contributor

Wow, I must be a big ol' fashion DON'T because I never choose a bag based on hardware color nor do I match my jewelry to the bag hardware - or vice versa.

In fact, my wedding set is platinum and my favorite watch worn on that same arm is a silver tone and I've often worn a gold necklace with gold bracelet and gold ring on the other hand - depending on the outfit, not the bag and not to even my left hand. I guess I better start paying attention or you all will cross the street to avoid me when you see my mismatched self coming - or stick to pearl jewelry.

Honored Contributor

It definitely matters to me. I prefer goldtone and will not buy a handbag with silvertone hardware, even if the leather and style please me infinitely.

Respected Contributor

There are different colors of goldtone and if its not done right I won't buy it whether it's a handbag or cardigan and I wear yellow gold earrings and rings everyday.

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/10/2014 silkyk said:

I am a silver/white gold girl only and I always purchase bags with silvertone hardware. Sometimes I see a great bag (LOVED Lisa's blush one) but no can do because of the goldtone hardware. Am I just TOO picky or does the color of the hardware matter to you too? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I am a silver/white gold girl too. I own gold jewelry and I have bags with gold hardware, but I use my silver things far, far more often.

The color of the hardware on bags matters to me a lot! A few years ago, I ordered a beautiful bag and was so disappointed when I received it because the hardware was gold and for some reason I hadn't realized that. I loved the bag, but didn't hesitate - It went right back.

Goldtone at this point for me is a dealbreaker. I don't see it as being picky, just as not spending money on something I'm not going to love and will rarely use.

Kiss

Honored Contributor

It matters to me

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

YES.. I like both...but I am a Michael Kors girl and I do buy both - but depending on what I am looking for at that time will in fact determine..

I do with my clothes..if I wear brown..then I wear gold jewelry...if I wear black..it is usually white gold.