Occasional Contributor

Re: Does the Upcoming TSV Run Small or Large?

Soooooo...what is IT ????

Super Contributor

On 9/18/2014 PpprMintPatty said:

I ordered my usual size and to my eye, they look good. I haven't tried them on yet(actually sending one back), but I can normally tell by looking at them if they're okay and these look good.

I'm keeping the off-white one even though it's kind of a strange color...almost has a tint of the color linen in it but it's different than any of them I have. The burgandy is going back...wasn't wowed by it either and I have a lot of them.

I do like the back though so that is why I'm keeping the one...something different from what I already own.

Patty, can you tell me if the ivory one is see through? I may get that one because it's so versatile but I am wondering if it's see through. If you could post back after you try it on? Thank you!

Valued Contributor

On 9/18/2014 imaclotheshog said:

I ordered my usual size and to my eye, they look good. I haven't tried them on yet(actually sending one back), but I can normally tell by looking at them if they're okay and these look good.

I'm keeping the off-white one even though it's kind of a strange color...almost has a tint of the color linen in it but it's different than any of them I have. The burgandy is going back...wasn't wowed by it either and I have a lot of them.

I do like the back though so that is why I'm keeping the one...something different from what I already own.

Patty, can you tell me if the ivory one is see through? I may get that one because it's so versatile but I am wondering if it's see through. If you could post back after you try it on? Thank you!

I went and tried it on. I got the XS and it fits, but if you don't form-fitting, I would go up a size on this one. It's okay for me because it's very stretchy(seems more so than her others), and I will wear a short blazer/jacket over it so I don't like excess material when I'm layering.

Most importantly, if you don't want see-through, I wouldn't get the ivory. I almost sent it back for that very reason...but the more I thought about it, I really want it to wear under a blazer or a vest, so it still works for me.

Valued Contributor

p.s. I have a grey jog-bra on and you can see the grey through the ivory. HTH!

Honored Contributor

They deleted the picture?

That's ridiculous.

Super Contributor

On 9/18/2014 imaclotheshog said:

I went and tried it on. I got the XS and it fits, but if you don't form-fitting, I would go up a size on this one. It's okay for me because it's very stretchy(seems more so than her others), and I will wear a short blazer/jacket over it so I don't like excess material when I'm layering.

Most importantly, if you don't want see-through, I wouldn't get the ivory. I almost sent it back for that very reason...but the more I thought about it, I really want it to wear under a blazer or a vest, so it still works for me.

Thank you Patty! I appreciate that very much. I am between a Small and Medium sometimes so I think I need a Medium in this one. I was thinking about wearing it under a jacket or cardigan of some kind. I might wear it alone too I don't know.

I usually wear a nude bra, when I'm wearing white or ivory but some tops in rayon in these colors you can just see right through. That is not a problem if I'm wearing something over it of course but if I'm wearing it alone, it may be.

Maybe I will get the ivory and a color, just to see what the ivory looks like. This Frost ivory shade looks like a darker ivory to me, than her other ivory shades she's offered.

I think you made a great choice with the ivory and black, those 2 colors will go with everything. Enjoy your tops and thank you so much for the information!

Valued Contributor

You can always wear a cami under it, I just don't like doing that because, these days, I'm always hot even in the cooler weather!

LOL...I didn't get the black, I said I like the "back" of the shirt! Wink{#emotions_dlg.laugh} I think this is the first one I didn't get in black, trying to branch out so I ordered the burgandy and now I wish I would have just gone with the black!

It really is an unusual "ivory"...like I said, it has a tint of linen/tan to it.

Honored Contributor

Patty, what does the back look like where the chiffon is? How many buttons are there?

Thanks.

Valued Contributor

Hi Waterbaby, the 5 star review was from me! LOL!!! I love the top. I ordered the ivory and burgundy. I ordered a medium in the last TSV (fits just the way I wanted a hoodie) and a medium in this oneNo Image Found it is pretty darn big on me, but I love the color (as shown), so I wear it under a jacket and it looks cute.

I ordered the Oct tsv in small and they fit perfectly. When a top is too big, it doesn't fit nicely in the bust, so it just hangs...not flattering.

I read somewhere on the boards that the rayon/span runs big and the cotton/modal runs smaller. I know everyone will really like this top-it's so nice! Enjoy

Valued Contributor

On 9/18/2014 brii said:

Patty, what does the back look like where the chiffon is? How many buttons are there?

Thanks.

There are 4 buttons. I'm not very good at explaining things, but it's almost like a tail on a tux...but with the chiffon, a pleat, then the 4 buttons are revealed under the pleat.

It definitely is smaller than my other XS's...I have a couple other LOGO tops here and held it up...more narrow in the shoulders anyway.

mtnbikegirl, I'm the opposite, I think the cotton/modal runs larger and the rayon/spandex runs smaller. And the leggings run big...really big imo. I'm not an XXS but can wear that in her leggins.