Valued Contributor

Does the Q think we do not notice things???

I purchased a Sherpa lined D & C vest last month. LOVED it. I wanted to get another one. I saw the other day it was on clearance.... yipee.... BUT they had none is size small... NONE no colors in size small........ So this week, it is back on the D & C page with just 4 colors in size small!!  AND it is back up to regular price not CLEARANCE price.  oh yeah. Im not happy.  guess they needed to move the rest of the sizes out. ???  so I bought one from Sporto on the other shopping entity...... it is such good quality and same price.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does the Q think we do not notice things???

The same happen with me last Dec. I got my first item from IM .....brand new the material had a nice sheen, color, fit etc, very comfy.  Needless to say that was all lost with 2 gentle washes. That being said I had an event where I wanted to look new but be comfy. Went back to order a new one a month later they raised the price $11.  Did not get it and thank goodness found a pair of Old Glory straight legs that had the same comfort, washed better and look very nice.  You could not tell the difference between the 2 pairs of pants except the Walmart pair washed extremely well and  only $14.

Q plays games all the time with pricing, I think the problem is we all came to trust Q and treated them more like family than a retailer.  My loyalty is fading.

Honored Contributor

Because this is the end of a season, who ever manufactured the vest is probably selling the last or Q customers who had this held with a check as payment reached the two week cut off and their sale was voided.

The exact thing happened to me last week at a store's site!

Trusted Contributor

Not sure why you aren't happy.  It isn't unusual for a retailer to put items on clearance when the supply is low and then if they bring them back to change the offering (less colors or reduced inventory, for example).  It also isn't unusual to have a price change either.  They may have gotten a special lower cost deal on their first order from the manufacturer due to volume being ordered.  Their second order might have been at a lower volume and a higher price resulting in a higher price to us.  None of this is unusual in any brick or mortar store or online store.