Honored Contributor

Re: Does the Liquid Knit of today still show every lump and bump?

I suppose it depends on how lumpy and rippled and bumpy you are.  Also it depends on what size you are buying.  Knits will stretch for 2-3 sizes and many a size 18 squeezes herself into a 14 and everything shows.  I wore Liquidknit and also Slinky for years but I always wore my true size and I wore the right type of underwear for knits.  Yes, when you wear knits, you have wear the appropriate underwear if you aren't lean and hard.

Respected Contributor

You are so right. Notice how carefully they lift their tops to show pockets or waist bands, 

I think most models, not just curvier gals are spanxed up but good.

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

I purchased the cutest pair of black and white floral pair of wide led crop pants from SG liquid knit.  I ordered size large, my normal size.  They fit fine but when I walked and moved my thighs giggled.  They are on their way back to QVC.  I have yet to purchase anything from the liquid knit line that I didn't return unless it was a sleeveless top I was going to wear under a jacket, blouse, or sweater.  It shows every lump, bump, and giggle.  I know the curvier models have to be spanxed to the max when they model liquid knit. 

Esteemed Contributor

SG liquid knit pants will never be flattering, no matter the weight of the fabric unless you have very thin thighs, and the pants just hang.  Woven fabrics are more flattering.  SG  liquid knit tops are flattering in prints where the bottom of the top is wide enough not to br tight around the waist, and not too long, just below the belly.  Anything longer will drape to the wrong places.  And make sure not too big at the shoulders.  Pull the top down as you wear to stop the material pooling in unflattering ways.   Watch the models.  They are doing this all the time in all tops.  The heft of the SG liquid knit varies, I don’t know if there is a rhyme or reason other than achieving a desired price point.  Hope this helps.

Esteemed Contributor

@IMW wrote:

You are so right. Notice how carefully they lift their tops to show pockets or waist bands, 

I think most models, not just curvier gals are spanxed up but good.

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

I purchased the cutest pair of black and white floral pair of wide led crop pants from SG liquid knit.  I ordered size large, my normal size.  They fit fine but when I walked and moved my thighs giggled.  They are on their way back to QVC.  I have yet to purchase anything from the liquid knit line that I didn't return unless it was a sleeveless top I was going to wear under a jacket, blouse, or sweater.  It shows every lump, bump, and giggle.  I know the curvier models have to be spanxed to the max when they model liquid knit. 

the hosts too

Honored Contributor

@IMW wrote:

Forgot to add I don’t see changes in fabric, I’ve been buying SG for years. Also, fabric is substantial enough 

for me. 

The key for me is not to buy too small size.

@IMW @Mindy D 

I agree. Always go by the garment measurements, not the size chart. 

Liquid knit and similar fabrics do not cling or show lumps and bumps and bumps unless the size is too small. And the fit is going to be different for different items so the garment measurements need to be checked every time.

Honored Contributor

I was at Kohl's today and all the summer tops were thin fabric.

Not a good look LOL Why I like denim I guess. Got a pale blue , short sleeved, button down 100% cotton shirt that when you turn sideways you don't scream "bra fat" alert. LOL