Valued Contributor

Never ordered much in the QVC clothing lines until recently.  Having trouble with inconsistent sizing.  Purchased a couple of rayon/spandex tees in what I thought to be my correct size but, they are too big.  So, wondering if they might shrink in the wash to be a better fit?

Honored Contributor

Re: Does rayon/spandex shrink?

might a little bit. I like spandex when it comes out of the wash you can stretch it to make it a tad bigger, hang to dry, probably shrink in the dryer.

I don't need anything to shrink LOL

Honored Contributor

@shy bobcat wrote:

Never ordered much in the QVC clothing lines until recently.  Having trouble with inconsistent sizing.  Purchased a couple of rayon/spandex tees in what I thought to be my correct size but, they are too big.  So, wondering if they might shrink in the wash to be a better fit?

@shy bobcat

If you wash rayon in hot water and then in a hot dryer, of course it will shrink.   Problem is you cannot control the amount of shrinkage that will occur.    

Better option would be to exchange the tee shirts for a better fit.

Honored Contributor

I agree with @SharkE. My rayon-span stuff did shrink a  tad but not enough to make them unwearable. This fabric is so stretchy that you hardly know if it shrank or not. Just don't put them in a hot dryer. I do put them in low-temp dryer but very briefly then hang to let finish drying.

Honored Contributor

Yes. Sometimes in odd ways. If I buy this combo or anything with rayon, I know to hand-wash and dry flat on a blocking sheet.

Honored Contributor

Be sure to look at the click here measurements for each item you order.  You can't just order a large.  There are different measurements for a large within a brand and across different brands.  Once you know your measurements, it should get better.  It's rare I return for sizing.

Trusted Contributor

Maybe a bit, and wrinkling as well.  But, with sizing, welcome to QVC.  Many inconsistencies from my experience and information I've read from other customers.  Good Luck.

Honored Contributor

Rayon does indeed shrink and one of the reasons they combine it with other fabrics now.  Spandex is not known for shrinking however when blended with other fabrics that will shrink (cotton, linen, rayon, tencel) there is a potential for shrinkage.   Rayon (by itself) is recommended to be dry cleaned only.... 

Funny thing is that polyester does not shrink, but combine it with rayon in a hot washer/dryer and it will!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

I have lots of LOGO tops that are rayon/spandex and mine never shrink. I wash on handwash-gentle/cold rinse and throw in low dryer with towel for about 15 min and then hang on rack to dry. No ironing, no shrinking. Just a little deterg and fabric softener. All look and feel great. 

All that handwashing and blocking to dry or worse dry-cleaning I just don't understand. 

Honored Contributor

Not in my experience it doesn't which is a shame because I was hoping the my logo would shrink LOL. I do love the combination though because it's really really soft and comfy