Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone wear a tank, smoother or cami under Isaac’s tunic tees?

@RetRN wrote:

I thought that was what T-shirt bras were for. However, I may be wrong.

T-shirt bras are so called because they smooth out the breasts under revealing t-shirts.  The tip of the bra material may still wrinkle if the wearer does not fill the cup. 

The T-shirt bras that QVC sell are usually lined with foam.  I don't like the foam.  Hot!

I can find non-revealing bras without foam.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RetRN @They don't make tee shirt bras in my bra band size. Wish they did. I'm stuck with Glamorise. Playtex 18 Hour became too tight in the band size. The Glamorise bras I just received look so awful. I'm trying to get bra extenders for my Playtex bras...at least the Playtex bras don't have strange looking fabric bunching right where the ******.. are. The Glamorise bras also have cups that swing outwards, pointing to the sides. The cups are huge in comparison with the cups on Playtex. The cups also have too much fabric in the top half of them. I'm glad I only bought two. The band size fits perfectly though. At least I could breathe when I tried them on. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D I just realized you wrote you wear 4X, which means bras and camis are hard to find.  Which may explain why the bra does not fit properly.  Many ladies buy bra extenders, you can search for them online.  So that way, you can focus on getting a good cup fit that doesn't wrinkle, and just add the bra extender.  Maybe buy a few bra extenders to take with you to the bra fitting, since you won't know what you would need.  Or have them handy when you try new bra sizes from QVC, if you shop here.  Amazon is usually  good place to get odd things like bra extenders.

Spanx won't fit a 4x.

Good luck!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NYCLatinaMe @Believe it or not, there are no other bra choices in my band size. I'm trying Ulla Popken right now. I might get lucky there. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@elated @I've had multiple bra fittings. Spanx doesn't come close to making anything in my size. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@RetRN @They don't make tee shirt bras in my bra band size. Wish they did. I'm stuck with Glamorise. Playtex 18 Hour became too tight in the band size. TheGlamorise bras I just received look so awful. I'm trying to get bra extenders for my Playtex bras...at least the Playtex bras don't have strange looking fabric bunching right where the ******.. are. The Glamorise bras also have cups that swing outwards, pointing to the sides. 

@Mindy D our messages crossed.  Amazon has a large variety of bra extenders.  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe @I have bra extenders. I ordered Glamorise because they made my band size, but their bras are awful for me. Playtex stopped making my band size so I'll just go back to wearing their bras with extenders. There are many women that appear to be so much larger than I. For some reason, they wear a smaller bra band size, even if they weigh so much more than I do. I think my problem has something to do with my ribs. Maybe they are big for my height. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D The last time I went for a bra fitting in a highly rated specialty shop in NYC, the fitting lady wanted to put me in a band that was 3 sizes too small and 1 cup too large.  I thought I was going to die when she fastened the strap.  (I ended up fitting myself, I just asked for a bunch of sizes.  Each bra was $80 and up, haven't been back)  So maybe these women are walking around in pain.  Or maybe they are not telling you the truth about their size, and they wear bra extenders.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe @I have bra extenders. I ordered Glamorise because they made my band size, but their bras are awful for me. Playtex stopped making my band size so I'll just go back to wearing their bras with extenders. There are many women that appear to be so much larger than I. For some reason, they wear a smaller bra band size, even if they weigh so much more than I do. I think my problem has something to do with my ribs. Maybe they are big for my height. 

@Mindy D 

I think you may be right about a large ribcage.  As I mentioned upthread, I'm just a 36A but I have the same problem as you.  I have to use a bra extender in order to get cups that fit.  A 34A has cups that fit my body much better than a 36A.  And yes, I do have a large ribcage.  I have zero backfat, but those ribs take up a LOT of space. So bra band size has to be bigger.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you everyone. I think the problem might be solved.I  will try one of these Stretch Cotton Leisure Bras from Ulla Popken over my new bras and see how it looks under the knit tee. The sizes on the page are not bra sizes, they are clothing sizes.AECB0B1A-57A2-4DE8-BCB4-E9C5B6AC8130.jpeg