Honored Contributor

Does anyone wear a tank, smoother or cami under Isaac’s tunic tees?

[ Edited ]

Does anyone wear a tank, smoother or cami under Isaac’s tunic tees? My new bras have strange cups that wrinkle a little at the tips. I'd like to find something to wear under my Isaac tunic tees that will go over my  bra and not show under the the knit fabric. Im mainly interested in disguising the bras. I'm not trying to get any shaping from it. One example of an Isaac top I am talking about is A399816. Most shapewear brands don't fit my very large size, usually 4X, or my very large bra band size. Does anyone wear a tank, smoother or cami under Isaac’s tunic tees? 

8358B71A-3D7B-4296-BA99-A916AB37B3B5.jpegOne example of anIsaac 

Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone wear a tank, smoother or cami under Isaac’s tunic tees?

I thought that was what T-shirt bras were for. However, I may be wrong.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

I don't wear anything by IM - but I do wear various things under some LOGO and other knit tops.  Drives me crazy if something isn't hanging just so or clinging.

Depending ... Flexees body suit, Skinnytee, camisole, etc. .... depends on the particular need.

Honored Contributor

I wear a cami under almost everything.  I don't like pants rubbing by belly so I have to wear something.  I also don't like my belly to show, just in case a shirt would creep up...I'm odd about somethings, ha!

I used to like the brand Worthington from JC Penny but they roll terribly.  I found Vasserette brand at Walmart, which I like, I had to go up a size, since I did not want a really snug fit.

I wear a TShirt bra from Wacol...there is just a touch of padding for modesty, it is a very smooth bra in case you want to switch brand.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D    Isaac has "dumbed down" his Pima cotton tees and they're now so thin and clingy, I won't wear them.  I have quite a few from 3+ years ago that are considerably more substantial.  I like a good 100% cotton tee from D&C when I can find them.  They've got more "guts" to them. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D 

I have to admit that my first thought was the same as @RetRN  - you need a t-shirt bra.  But is the problem that you can't find t-shirt bras in your size?  (I'm a 36A so I know nothing about large bra sizes lol.)

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D You state your bra does not fit properly.  I would not get a cami to cover up the ill fitting bra, I would get a new bra.  Just my opinion.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

Does anyone wear a tank, smoother or cami under Isaac’s tunic tees? My new bras have strange cups that wrinkle a little at the tips. I'd like to find something to wear under my Isaac tunic tees that will go over my  bra and not show under the the knit fabric. Im mainly interested in disguising the bras. I'm not trying to get any shaping from it. One example of an Isaac top I am talking about is A399816. Most shapewear brands don't fit my very large size, usually 4X, or my very large bra band size. Does anyone wear a tank, smoother or cami under Isaac’s tunic tees? 

8358B71A-3D7B-4296-BA99-A916AB37B3B5.jpegOne example of anIsaac 

@Mindy D the trick to wearing this would be a seamless bra.  There are many bra styles we have to play around with to wear certain outfits neatly.  

Men don't have these issues!  LOL.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

i buy shelf tank camisoles from amazon that fit close to the body and have a shelf bra and adjustable straps. i have them in a ton of colors.....great for layering under shirts, sweaters, or even wearing them on their own under kimonos or toppers. i wear them year round.

relatively inexpensive and they wear like iron. you can buy them individually or in sets.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I think you need to get a bra fitting. You might be wearing the incorrect size and that is the cause of the wrinkling.  Spanx carries smoothing garments.