Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone up north wear shoes anymore

When the temp reaches a certain level it's my tall boots with my longer shearling coat, hat, gloves.

I wear ankle booties, got nice snow boots (Blondo), got another back up pair from J41.  Got Nine West riding boots.  I dress for the weather first (depending on what I'm doing).  The dressing for the fashion  of it doesn't work for me when it's cold.

*Call Tyrone*
Trusted Contributor

I'm not sure I even own any shoes...boots from October to April then flip flops!

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Esteemed Contributor

@Karie2022 wrote:

I'm not sure I even own any shoes...boots from October to April then flip flops!

Don't you just hate the first day of wearing closed toe shoes? I wear fit flops a lot and when I have to wear closed toe shoes ... feel a bit claustrophobic. Smiley Happy

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

I live in Northern Va.  We don't get much snow here.  I see people wearing lots of things.  Nothing specific, they just cover their feet!

Trusted Contributor

I live in the northeast and as soon as the temp hits 40s, the boots come out.

Trusted Contributor

@makena ~ I agree with every type of boot.....also in upstate NY! 

We love our boots : )

Esteemed Contributor

There seem to be two types of prominent footwear in Chicago... flip flops or boots. From November to April observing footwear walking along any busy street I see more than 80% of the women wearing boots. You'll see a few regular shoes and sneaker styles, but they are few and far between.  Once the weather warms up reverse this because you'll see predominantly forms of flip flops or sandles, with just a few wearing sneaker styles and enclosed regular shoes.  The number who actually wear their boots in summer is probably less than one percent. 

Respected Contributor

I of course have snow boots lol..

BUT then I have every style of dress boots..low heel, mid heel..bit higher...same for length of boot...ankle..shootie...knee length...in black, brown and gray ..only color I haven't invested in is blue as I haven't found the right color blue..but if I ever did ...LOL

I also have shoes...I bought them at Famous Footwear..but they are heels..about 2.5...pump style..and mary jane type style but more fashionable and more of a heel lol...

I find the most expensive..I like Aerosoles - Life Stride..while comfy they are also fashionable with nice heel in different styles etc...they are much cheaper in other places.

Also, Amazon..all the way! as well as Zappos..free S&H and free S&H in return...

They are out there...all over!

Honored Contributor

I wear shoes, usually ballet flats or small wedges for casual.  There are times I do wear shooties or ankle boots.

I was in London & Paris (with points in between) last week.  High boots were the footwear of choice. They were worn with dresses and skirts as well as with jeans tucked into them.

Honored Contributor

I wear boots from November through early April.  Ankle boots, midcalf boots, tall boots, snow boots....whatever works.  I only wear a pump for extremely dressy, semi formal type events.  It's what almost every woman I know does.