Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone up north wear shoes anymore

Northern Michigan here. We've had an unusually warm Fall so I'm still in my shoes. It did snow a little about a week ago and then I put boots on. I wear shoes along with my cowboy boots and when it snows and gets slushy out I switch into my variety of boots. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I wear boots year round. I am boot-obsessed so there are many styles in my closet. Sometimes I wear shoes when it's really hot outside. Here in Colorado boots are a way of lifeWoman Wink

Respected Contributor

What a silly question

Esteemed Contributor

Living in CT, it does snow and it does get quite cold.  So I do have several types of boots.  I don't wear anything without good traction, as ice remains after snow is cleared.  I just bought a pair of leather "fashion boots," which are flat-heeled, with good traction on the soles.  Yeah, I emphasize traction for a reason.  A few years ago, I fell and broke my arm.  Thankfully, no surgery was needed, but once was enough.

Respected Contributor

Spoiler

I think boots are one of the few things that make winter tolerable. I hate winter but I love boots. Even in summer I wear Dr Martens boots  a lot...they go with everything.lol. Sometimes I wear cowboy boots in summer too. 

Esteemed Contributor

I live in the Mid-Atlantic region and only wear boots for snow.  I find boots too hot to wear as a fashion statement, especially inside a warm building.  I feel like my feet are suffocating.  I don’t even like closed in shoes.    

Honored Contributor

Interesting everyones various take on this. Of course here in Florida we are still in sandals though I have recently gotten a pair of nude color closed shoes and I seem to be wearing them everywhere. Love them.

I would think that high boots worn inside all day would get terribly hot. And I agree with the person who said they need to be worn with tights or it would look odd to me.

Respected Contributor

I live in NJ and I am not a fan of boots.  They feel too bulky and constricting to me.  I need them when it's snowy out, but just for running errand where I go from the car to a store or building I stick to shoes even when it's cold out.  I like to kick off my shoes when I come home and with boots it's a big production.

It's a personal preference.  My DIL loves boots and wears them as much as she can.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

i don't live in the "North" but when it becomes too chilly for sandals, I wear boots-a lot of booties and some tall boots. I don't like most regular closed toe shoes like loafers and ballet flats.  They don't fit me well and I don't care for the look.

For casual, I wear Skecher-like styles. For more dressy, it's a pair of boots.

~Enough is enough~
Trusted Contributor

I'm a New Yorker and I'm still wear shoes but I also wear smooth leather or suede boots, riding boots or booties depending on my outfit.  Of course when there is snow and ice or its just super cold out, I wear my UGGS because they are warm and offer good traction.