Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone up north wear shoes anymore

Not sure if Seattle is considered up north .. we don't typically get snow.

I have noticed a lot more women wearing boots the past couple of years. Riding boots with leggings/jeans tucked in, over the knee, booties galore & yesterday I was at a meeting and saw about 50% of the ladies wearing skirts w boots. Side note---wish some of the ladies wore tights with boot/skirt combo.

I wear booties Oct-March. Wear winter type boots when I have business in Alaska. The only real shoes I wear on regular basis are my running shoes when I go running. I don't ever wear running shoes if I am not going to be running. I have horrible feet..so while I adore shoes and boots...my selections are typically based on functionality & comfort.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

It isn't just QVC selling the boot trend.  It is what is popular now.  But that doesn't mean you stop wearing shoes.  Q offers a wide variety of everything, as well as HSN and all retail stores.  Just goes with what works for you. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

My state borders Canada so once snow falls, I get out my boots. I don't have many, but they're waterproof, lightweight, and easy on my feet. I don't have any in fashion styles like Ugh or knee high. I mostly wear them so when I go outside that I don't get snow in my shoes or slip & fall.

Trusted Contributor

I live in Minnesota.  So far it has been a mild winter.  I wear shoes as long as I can, but once the snow is down, I wear boots outside -- higher snow boots when there is lots of snow, lower Lands End boot/mocs for cold but less snow.  I just don't wear higher fashion boots that often, partly due to my lifestyle, but also because they are not warm/practical for cold and snow.  Younger women would probably wear the fashion boots more often.

Esteemed Contributor

I have some Ugg knock-offs that I only used to wear to shovel snow. But now I have several suede short boots, some shearing lined to wear in colder weather and I pair them with skinny jeans. They are comfortable. I don't wear boots with heels though as I would be afraid of falling if the pavement were slippery. I live in Canada but weather here this fall has been rainy. No snow yet.

Honored Contributor

I have always worn boots fall through early spring and not for warmth or snow.  I just like them.  I have several pairs of riding boots, over the knee boots, lower ones , moto, work type, etc) with various heel styles and western ones to wear with my jeans and I do see many women wearing them.  I even wear boots with my jeans in the summer at times.  What's wrong with that??

Respected Contributor

Boots always feel too confining to me. There has to be major snow on the ground for me to wear them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

nevermind

Esteemed Contributor

Ohio here....young girls were wearing boots in the summer here...usually with leggings...

Trusted Contributor

Love boots.  I wear them October thru April here in northern NJ. 

Fur lined, not fur lined, short, tall, medium, waterproof, flat, heels, wedges.

Once spring comes I break out the flip flops and sandals. 

Come to think of it, I don't hardly wear shoes at all !