Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone still have suits in their closet?

Sadly, I don't have any suits anymore...I always loved them but I do dress when going out and even to the grocery store. I wear jeans on occasion but always with a nice sweater or top and I put on my jewelry and a nice handbag. 

Valued Contributor

Yes but I no longer wear them.  I have a few tailored suits.  I doubt that they fit.  They are beautiful wool.  I will donate or sell them on ebay so someone else can enjoy.  There are some jobs that still require a tailored suit such as attorneys.  Also some enjoy the past quality of things where we bought pure wool items that were carefully made.

Esteemed Contributor

Zero.

Honored Contributor

Are there any re-sale shops in your area?

You would be getting a percent commission when sold to customers.

There might be a better demand for very nice 2- pc suits there.  

Or donate to a special place/charity that donates to and dress people in desperate need of employment.  Which warms my heart, just thinking about it. Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Frequent Contributor

I feel as though I'm in a minority here, as I love wearing them, both skirt and pant.  I actually wore one today.

2023 03 27 Monday.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

No more suits for me.  I worked in finance and wore them every day back in the 80’s and 90’s.  I happily donated them to a second-hand shop where the proceeds went to a hospital.  I always found suits constricting and somewhat suffocating.  Now that I’m retired, I love my freedom which includes the clothes I wear.

Esteemed Contributor

Never had suits in my closet.  Oh, I take that back.  I had a 3 piece pantsuit that I got married in.  It was cream colored.  I wore it a lot afterwards.  It was the 70's. Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!