Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone remember the time frame Koos was on Q?

@skuggles  I love that coat!  I wish I owned it! 

Esteemed Contributor

I remember him being on mostly in the middle of the night....and one thing that made him grumpy was when the host would spend so much time telling about the next show following his...he would always say this is my time to show my products what are you doing talking about other shows coming on later in the day...

I had to agree with him...when a vendor only has an hour....that should be his or her time....and no advertising of upcoming shows...

I liked him....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@circles wrote:

I remember him being on mostly in the middle of the night....and one thing that made him grumpy was when the host would spend so much time telling about the next show following his...he would always say this is my time to show my products what are you doing talking about other shows coming on later in the day...

I had to agree with him...when a vendor only has an hour....that should be his or her time....and no advertising of upcoming shows...

I liked him....

@circles  Oh yes!  I'd forgotten he did get kinda mad about that.  The thing is, the show prior to his did it for his show too, I'm sure (host talking about the upcoming show).  It doesn't really take "time away" if it's fairly done by the show preceding it (promoting the Koos show)  - then the time equals out. 

I think his more middle of the night shows came later on in the years.  I remember him being in prime time most of the time.  

I remember him saying something once - not the Lisa R. incident described above - that I thought for sure he wouldn't be allowed back, but he was.   However, he wasn't on for a lot longer after that.  Not as bad as when Matt Doulin sad "G_ _ ******" on the air but something kinda similar.  Just can't remember exactly what it was now.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@GingerPeach  Leave it to LR to insult the guest vendor she worked with.  She did this often as I recall, saying very curt things all the while with a grin on her face.

I remember Koos, it always seemed to me that most everyone really loved him and his wears.  His items always sold out.  He was a seamstress way beyond his years of creativity.  I may get reamed for saying this about him.  I though he was great, and him wearing his apron was just part of his thing called sewing.

Hi @PINKdogWOOD

Lisa may have done this, but my memory is of one instance when Koos called her heavy, or said the item didn't fit her, or something of that sort (again, I don't recall his exact words).  So he was insulting her rather than the other way around.  

I had one of his jackets in blue and black patchwork and did enjoy it for a long while.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

here is the black leather jacket i still own......the shirt matches the print on the jacket.

http://images.qvc.com/is/image/a/57/a08057.001

this is the reversible velvet and paisley jacket i own......

http://images.qvc.com/is/image/a/27/a61427.001?$moreviewmain$

i also have this sweater coat, but in navy blue.

http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/a/59/a35959.001?$proddetailmain$

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@GingerPeach  Leave it to LR to insult the guest vendor she worked with.  She did this often as I recall, saying very curt things all the while with a grin on her face.

I remember Koos, it always seemed to me that most everyone really loved him and his wears.  His items always sold out.  He was a seamstress way beyond his years of creativity.  I may get reamed for saying this about him.  I though he was great, and him wearing his apron was just part of his thing called sewing.

Hi @PINKdogWOOD

Lisa may have done this, but my memory is of one instance when Koos called her heavy, or said the item didn't fit her, or something of that sort (again, I don't recall his exact words).  So he was insulting her rather than the other way around.  

I had one of his jackets in blue and black patchwork and did enjoy it for a long while.

@GingerPeach  I vaguely remember that also, Homegirl.  But like you, can't remember exactly what it was he said.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Koos made some great items but he was a grumpy, rude man.  I remember he insulted both Jayne Brown and Patti Reilly about their weight.  He was rude to callers.  Back then they'd ask what size the caller ordered.  He'd say even overweight women looked good in his clothes.

Nasty, nasty person and no slim Jim himself..

Respected Contributor

I think he was one of the most creative designers for the Q ever!

I had a lot of his clothing. I still have a corduroy skirt and a gorgeous sweater coat in black with the designs in shades of red. I finally gave away the jumpers. They hung in my closet for a while hoping for "long" to be in again. They weren't something that would work if shortened.

There was a lot of handwork on each piece. That is no longer the case with any of the clothing now shown.