Honored Contributor

Does anyone remember the time frame Koos was on Q?

I have a Koos shirt I tried to consign about five years ago and it kept coming back to me.  I wouldn't donate it, I kept thinking someone would buy it.  Wore it to work today and everyone had a fit.  

It buttons down the front, long sleeves, shirt collar.  The background is black; the front a mixture if artistic "florals" with a paisley feel in blue, burgandy, forest green with a thin gold outline. A lot of the background shows. The collar, cuffs, and sleeves are black with slightly varying lines in gold, same black background. 

How old is my shirt?  I love it again!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone remember the time frame Koos was on Q?

According to Wikipedia Koos was on QVC from 1998 - 2006.

Esteemed Contributor

I just googled Koos on QVC and looked at a couple of items that are not available but still have some reviews. They go back to 2007-08.

@ECBG

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

Just read on Wiki he was the designer of many of the sweaters Cosby wore on his sitcom.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

One never knows if Wikipedia is right! 

ETA: I was referring to the dates Koos was on the Q, not the Cosby sweaters.  But that is an interesting factoid.

Honored Contributor

Wiki seemed to be pretty precise, it said he developed a line especially for the Q in 1998 and had his last on air presentation in Feb 2006. I thought the Cosby sweater thing was interesting since he was known for his very colorful, unusual sweaters on the series.

Honored Contributor

I always watched him (he was grouchy!) and didn't think he was on the Q for as many years as Wiki is saying.  Maybe it took a couple of years for him to "develop" the line before it aired?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I remember him and purchased many items from his line.  I think at this point they have all been donated but I did enjoy something different.  Now every line on OVC is getting to look the same. 

Honored Contributor

I was thinking of Linda Dano this morning..........I haven't seen her on QVC in a long time, it seems.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I had a few things from his line that I donated years ago, I don't think I ever woer any of the clothing out in public. I came across a purse of his in my closet   last week and I do remember using the purse though.