Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone order from Talbots?

[ Edited ]

@kate2357  I am glad (and also shocked) at your experience to have bought Talbot's pants online that fit right!   Wow!  And I have to go up a size in Talbot's pants and they still never fit me right so I just don't buy them.  But everyone's body is different and I'm thrilled you had such a great first experience, taking a chance on ordeirng online.  I don't to that well with their pants even when I go to the stores to try them on.

On last week's A.M. Style thread, someone was looking for gingham shirts for women and I mentioned I'd seen a cute one at Talbot's and recommended checking them out online.  There is a 25% off your entire Talbot's purchase going on now through March 6th.   Also, on March 5th, there is an event at stores (with light refreshments available according to their national catalog I receive so it's not just locally in my stores) -- bring in a fairly new clothing item or items of any brand, not just Talbot's, to donate to Dress for Success.  Talbot's will have on hand tax receipts for tax deductions.   At any rate, when I posted on the other thread, I didn't know how long the 25% off sale was on for - again it's through March 6th.   Of course when that ends, there will be another sale.   I don't think 25% off is that big a deal at Talbot's - they will have better sales as spring approaches, such as a 40% off one item sale, etc. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh wrote:

I've been shopping at Talbots since I was a little girl.  I grew up in the area of their original store.  I'm 60 now and still love their clothes.

@gidgetgh  My mother always shopped at Talbot's in the 1960s.  Most ot the clothes are not really my style (I'm a funkier dresser) but I always manage to find something I like there, even just a scarf but there are other things I like.  Love their end of the season clearance sales - you can't beat the prices at those and I like  their cashmere garments.   But I do think the overall quality has gone down since my mom used to shop there - she bought almost all her clothes there for years.  And the prices now are ridiculous for  what you get at full price.  I would never buy anything in there at full price, esp. since there's always some sale going on or coming up.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee

I was shocked as well to have all 3 fit. I don't usually have that kind of luck when I go into a store and try on pants. It's nice to have a couple of new casual pants to wear this spring/summer. I've been wearing the same summer bottoms for at least 3 years now.

But for the ladies who are looking for a nicer pair of quality ankle pants, I have to say those side zip Talbots pants are quality pants w/ some substance to the material. I don't mean stiff ... just mean they aren't made w/ a thin material that shows every flaw. (not that I have any flaws or anything). Smiley Happy

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

I buy 95% of my clothing at TALBOTS always on sale. I wear a WP size in pants and skirts and that size in clothing is very difficult to find. I have their premier credit card so I pay nothing for shipping and I can return at the local store which does not carry WP sizes in the store.  I get reward points for using my cc and accumulate 1.5 points for every $ I spend.  When I reach 500 points I get a $25.00 reward certificate.  Their frequent shopper program is one of the best avaliable

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet  Love their rewards program!