Trusted Contributor

Re: Does anyone like liquid knit?

While donating my mothers clothing after she passed, I noticed a lot of Susan Graver items.

I found the fabric to be very heavy and voluminous in material.

I know it is not cheaply made, but it looks to me to be very stretchy and shapeless.

I have one Graver item; a ponte knit, 3/4 sleeve black dresss.

I wore it on the day of her funeral.

It's a very useful dress.

My clothing is a little more fitted.

I like brands like Land's End, Talbots, Loft.

I think it's just a matter of taste, but Susan's clothing looks very nice on the models.

Honored Contributor

One thing I've noticed now about QVC fashion shows since they're selling lot more clothes in the Plus sizes they have a lot more plus size models then the xxsmall crowd.

Especially the Denim and Co shows they stress they have up to 5X now.

Not just the xxsmall, xsmall, small crowd any more. The playing field has really evolved.

Esteemed Contributor

Can't stand the 'feel' of it.

Esteemed Contributor

I will admit to trying SG and disliked it from the time I opened the package.  A few years later I caved in and tried another piece in the new miracle fabric, liquid knit. Wore one and donated.  There is not one piece of SG I am even temped to buy.  Garish flowers, horrible prints that even look cheap on TV. I shudder at the thought of liquid knit pants. 

If you love it don't pay any attention to the haters like me and enjoy and feel good in what you wear.

Esteemed Contributor

@GAC65 wrote:

For me anything polyester is too hot (especially in Arizona.) some of her tops are very pretty but will not purchase based on fabric.

Same here.  Too hot for me.  

Valued Contributor

I enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts on liquid knit. it seems like it's a love it or hate it situation...no in between. I'm glad I asked. 🙂
Super Contributor

I have several pieces , tops only.  I choose only solids tops. I know what style looks good on me and there are a few in this collection. The fabric doesn't bother me . My tops are long sleeve , so I wear them in cooler months . I don't know if I would wear it in the summer . It does wash and wear well . No iron is a plus for me . I have a few w the bottom tiers , super flattering on me.  

Honored Contributor

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

No, I don't like liquid knit.  I think it's horrible material.  

I bought a couple of dresses about 10 years it was a set one a solid color and the other a print.  The material was heavy, I honestly did not want to hang it because I thought it would stretch.  My dresses never fit correctly so I donated them.  Did not buy anything else.

Honored Contributor

No!

Trusted Contributor

No!  Once worn a LN tank top while mowing the grass - that top stuck to me like a second skin.  And I was on a riding lawn mower.

LN may be OK for cooler months, but I never purchased any more of it.