Trusted Contributor

Re: Does anyone like liquid knit?

I first started with tunics then I moved on to a few tops and turtlenecks.

FOR me as a plus size, the tunics made in this fabric "lay" nicely over the hips an behind area.  I find cotton tunics tend to poke out at the hip area on me as a pear shaped lady.

THEN ...I purchased the skort for a cruise and WOW that opened up a new world for me because as a larger person, I was able to go on the deck and have on my skort and a tank or tankini top and I looked "normal" and not like...Oh she is big and trying to hid in not appropriate clothes for the environment.  The skort was longer than a swim skirt  but shorter than capris and I was more comfortable than wearing shorts.  

I also have a lot of the dresses which are very figure flattering, sometimes I have gone down a size to a XL or even a large to have a better fit for me.

I also wear the sleeveless items when super hot.  SO for ME, I thank GOD for SUSAN GRAVER, QVC AND this fabric.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Super Contributor

I had two pairs of LN pants from years ago.  They were a dressier pant and those buggers clung to my legs no matter what I did.  I wore lotion, powder, and sprayed them with no cling spray and they were miserable.  Never touched any of her clothing again.  Maybe she has other material that is better, but I was afraid to try.  

Honored Contributor

love liquid knit and all materials like it from other brands. it is virtually indestructable.

i dont find it to be hot. i find all cotton material to be hot, to fade easily, and to shrink. i only do cotton blends or poly blends or rayon blends.

it wicks away moisture and is so comfortable.

no shrinking, no fading, no wrinkles.....so easy to care for.

liquid knit and similar items are perfect for traveling also.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I love liquid knit, althought I rarely wear fabrics that dressy these days.  I wore it through several West Texas summers and found it no warmer than other clothes.  Doesn't wrinkle or fade, doesn't stretch out or cling, never needs ironing, dries super fast.  To me, it's a miracle fabric.

I agree with what @Kachina624  says.  It's a miracle fabric and I don't find it hot at all during summer months.

Honored Contributor

Years ago I saw a piece of this in a thrift shop.  It was very worn and frayed.  Maybe the owner wore it daily for ten years, but it just plain turned me off from ever ordering.  

Honored Contributor

I like that kind of fabric, in its place. I appreciate having a couple little T-shirt shell tops and a skirt made from it. They are indestructible, except for the hemming and pet claw snags, colorfast, and cannot be wrinkled. So I always have a nicer professional outfit ready in a pinch. Day to day, I much prefer cotton and blends. But I think there's a place for polyester and Liquid Knit for sure. For travelling and to have a reliable always-ready outfit to throw on when you need it.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, cannot stand any of the current knits with modal and/or spandex that to me are slick and slinky and do not like the fabric on my skin or the way it unflatteringly drapes and hangs.  I much prefer a knit top with 60%cotton, 40%poly blend over the slinky knits any day. 60/40 blend does not shrink, has more body, holds it shape and looks and feels good on the skin and it lasts and lasts.

Esteemed Contributor

If you don't like SG's liquid knit, and it's not for you, I don't understand why you care what others think. Some people (like you) hate it, and others (like me) like it. It shouldn't really matter why someone else likes a particular product if you personally are not interested and don't plan to buy it.

Esteemed Contributor

I was enamoured with it for awhile, but I think that is over.  I have planty of it, and don't want any more.  I live in a warm climate, and it is HOT when it is hot outside and the sun is beating down on me.  I like that it does not wrinkle and washes well.  I also have never had a problem with pilling like some others have.  Susan claims that her liquid knit is better than other polyester/spandex blends, and that is just not true.  It is all the same.  Or frankly, I have some of that blend from other designers that I like better (the fabric, I mean).  I do like her liquid knit dresses, and will buy some of those if it is has all the things I want in a dress.  Other than that, I am out.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Contributor

I sweat profusely in liquid knit.