Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone have a Barefoot Dreams Robe?

@Trudey

L.L. Bean- one reviewer said she thought this was made for people 5'7".

Honored Contributor

@Trudey

Miss Elaine, at Dillard's

Main Product Image

Honored Contributor

@60sgirl wrote:

wow! That's a lot of money for a robe. Does it last for many years? I bought similar styles at Kohls a couple years ago but got such good discounts if they fell apart after the first year, I wouldn't be mad about it,

ETA: I just looked at Nordstrom site and these robes are online only so it looks like you can't go into the store and try one on first. But OTOH, Nordies has free S&H both ways so I guess you wouldn't be out any money to order one and try it out.

It is a lot of money for a robe.  It especially was when I bought mine.  I bought mine many years ago, and robes were not $100 often.  I just had to have it as it was so soft and lightweight.  Now, in the past 10 yerars, everyone has a super soft and lightweight rober.  It was a big novelty when I bought mine in the 90's at Nordstroms.  I can't remember for sure, but I think it was the late 90's.  I coudn't believe I was spending $100 on a robe.  

The last robe I bought was from Kohls or HSN.   I paid probably $20 for the one at Kohls, and it, too, is soft and lightweight. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@60sgirl wrote:

wow! That's a lot of money for a robe. Does it last for many years? I bought similar styles at Kohls a couple years ago but got such good discounts if they fell apart after the first year, I wouldn't be mad about it,

ETA: I just looked at Nordstrom site and these robes are online only so it looks like you can't go into the store and try one on first. But OTOH, Nordies has free S&H both ways so I guess you wouldn't be out any money to order one and try it out.

It is a lot of money for a robe.  It especially was when I bought mine.  I bought mine many years ago, and robes were not $100 often.  I just had to have it as it was so soft and lightweight.  Now, in the past 10 yerars, everyone has a super soft and lightweight rober.  It was a big novelty when I bought mine in the 90's at Nordstroms.  I can't remember for sure, but I think it was the late 90's.  I coudn't believe I was spending $100 on a robe.  

The last robe I bought was from Kohls or HSN.   I paid probably $20 for the one at Kohls, and it, too, is soft and lightweight. 

yes, exactly, I think I have seen many blankets and clothing articles made of the same polyester material. I even think I had a pair of socks made out of that fluffy type microfiber so it's not new. I do think they are overcharging for a robe made out of it. how expensive can polyester possibly be? 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Honored Contributor

@60sgirl wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@60sgirl wrote:

yes, exactly, I think I have seen many blankets and clothing articles made of the same polyester material. I even think I had a pair of socks made out of that fluffy type microfiber so it's not new. I do think they are overcharging for a robe made out of it. how expensive can polyester possibly be? 

Good morning.  Don't get me wrong...the Barefoot Dreams one is nice, and it's a bit "different" in "fabric" than the Kohls one is.  But, it's soft and lightweight, and the Kohl's one is so much less expensive.  I wish I could remember what happened to mine, LOL.  I totally forgot I bought one so many years ago.  Ugghhh  I have too much stuff, LOL .  Have a great day Smiley Happy

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Unless you are stuck on this brand for some reason, I would look around.