Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone else miss gaucho pants?

Funny this got bumped and I missed it in January. I loved gauchos and culottes. Had a few pairs of wool blend and even one pair of black leather. Wore them a lot with knee high and OTK boots. Gave them away when I lost weight and went down several sizes. Was not able to find any more as they went out of style. I'd buy some again if they come back.

Esteemed Contributor

Never missed them.
Valued Contributor

Wouldn't these qualify? Many styles similar right here on the Q.

Honored Contributor

Yes! LOVE them! I wore them with a heeled leather boot and a blouse with a short leather jacket. Mine were a subdued wool print. Georgous! If you're tall enough they work!

Super Contributor

I used to love them too! Mine were from The Limited! They were great for teaching and sitting on the floor with the kids.
Super Contributor

On 1/18/2014 shoekitty said:
On 1/18/2014 Retired08 said:

I don't miss them. I had some but didn't realize how bad they looked on me until I went through some old pictures the other day.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Yup, the old pictures did it for me. I thought I looked pretty good back then. I had a camel wool pair I wore with brown boots and a rust colored sweater. I guess because it was the style I didn't look twice, and I was always complimented. Holy Cow, when I see the pictures full length I am embarrassed! But we all thought we looked good. Just like those Dynasty sized shoulder pads, the dark blue eye shadow, and that big big hair all wild. Personally, I think the late 70's and 1980's had the worst style of all.

ITA!! I looked terrible in them too, but I thought I looked great, I was stylish and young!

I think this era of fashion was the worst too! I am embarrassed when I see pictures of myself wearing something with those huge shoulder pads....OMG why did I even think those were alright to wear? WTHeck was I thinking? Sheesh. And the hair......how embarrassing.

Super Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.lol} I'm sure someday my grandchildren will see pictures of me with the big hair and shoulder pads and say, "WHAT was she wearing and what the heck happened to her hair? Didn't they have brushes back then??"

Honored Contributor

On 1/22/2014 sarpy said:

Oh, God, no.

LOL

I think they are horrendous.

Respected Contributor

Mine were not as long as Lanikin's photo, more knee length. In winter with the boots, they were great for trudging trough snow. Was never into the big shoulders or overdone hair.

Super Contributor

No. Just. No.