Super Contributor

Re: Does anyone else HATE pockets?

I love pockets and found myself envious of the bridal gown posted recently with the pockets. 

Honored Contributor

I just refust to buy "pork chop" pockets or any pocket that is sewn through the front creating a circle on each hip.  

Why not just paint a stop sign on each hip and be done?

Contributor

My hands are always cold so I keep my hands in my pockets. I dont like chest pockets though.
Honored Contributor

I need pockets!

I've dropped (or misplaced) my phone way too many times.

Because of many stairs, up and down, I have to have pockets so I can keep my phone with me, just in case.

I know, I could wear one of those alert gadgets, but, right now, I prefer a phone in my  pocket. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@spent2much  YES, I always laugh when they say "it's got pockets!".  And then the models stick their hands in the pockets all the time they are modeling the garment.  At least I can see how slouchy or stretched out the pockets are when they actually use them.   And when ladies actually use the pockets they have a large bulge on their hip or rear,  I don't need pockets, I have a many beautiful handbags to carry anything I want.  I have returned garments because of pockets sticking out and not laying flat.   All they add is extra bulk on women, who want's that? 

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

For pants, jeans, and my walking leggings, I demand pockets.

Walking leggings w/o pockets get donated. I have to have a place for tissues,  chapstick, pepper spray and my phone/music.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Super Contributor

Oh, gosh. I love pockets. I have to have pockets for my phone which I have to have with me about 95% of the time. I even buy pajamas with pockets. Although I wear skinny jeans and leggings sometimes they have to have pockets.

Honored Contributor

No, I don't hate pockets.

Respected Contributor

@new nickname 4 wrote:

@spent2much  YES, I always laugh when they say "it's got pockets!".  And then the models stick their hands in the pockets all the time they are modeling the garment.  At least I can see how slouchy or stretched out the pockets are when they actually use them.   And when ladies actually use the pockets they have a large bulge on their hip or rear,  I don't need pockets, I have a many beautiful handbags to carry anything I want.  I have returned garments because of pockets sticking out and not laying flat.   All they add is extra bulk on women, who want's that? 

My thoughts exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  {*_*}

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@spent2much 

You're going to hate what I'm wearing today! Cargo shorts!Lol loaded with pockets Woman Wink

I have to have pockets in my pants/shorts and it is nice to have them on a dress but it's not mandatory. I'm not a leggings gal and that's mainly the no pockets (usually) and the pull on styling...

I know there are instances where pockets can add bulk but in general with a proper fit and the right top.....balance goes a long way

Very hard to find, @Andreatoo, A few years ago when I was looking for cropped leggings for my exercise walking, the only place that I found some with pockets and in my size was Talbots. I'm glad I bought a bunch of them because they discontinued them.

These days there are lots of leggings out there (at least the athletic ones) that have pockets on the legs for cell phones, etc. (Talbots still has many styles that do in their T By Talbots activewear collection.)