Valued Contributor

Re: Does anyone else HATE pockets?

I won't buy any pant without pockets! I need somewhere to carry my phone.

Respected Contributor

Love pockets....

Honored Contributor

I love them too.  I can not imagine jeans without pockets......

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I don't care for them on dresses and skirts but it's a must have for pants, shorts, etc.

I've never understood brides wanting them on their dresses.  I guess it's to keep a kleenex or chapstick, etc.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@tototwo 

I have cargoes I picked up on Amazon. Shorts and full length.but most aren't denim....

Honored Contributor

I'd love to take or see a survey asking folks who like or have to have pockets if they have many stairs in their homes / apartments / etc.

In my case, it's a 'pain' to have to go up and down stairs, here and there, to find where I've left my phone (when I don't have a pocket to carry it in).

I'm only guessing that folks who live in a one story house just only have to take a few steps here and there and easily find where they left their phone.  In the kitchen or in a nearby bedroom, etc.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Those that have cell phones want pockets.  I can't imagine them not wanting them.  I also can't believe these people moaning over added bulk!  I mean it's just a pocket.....not a 20 lb sack.

Esteemed Contributor

Isn't that funny?  I've never considered having pockets because of a cell phone.  I've only had a smart phone since this whole virus thing started and I certainly don't carry it around inside the house.  I don't even use it at my house, only if I'm out.  The world isn't going to come to an end if I miss a call or a message.  And I don't get the connection of pockets and having stairs in my house.   Anyway, I've always wanted pockets since I was a kid.  Some people want them, some people don't.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Re: stairs......

In my case (maybe others, too), having a cell phone handy when on different floors or basement, outside in back yard or front yard, is very handy, just in case.

We know too many folks around here who have fallen in their basements and other places, on stairs, etc. who were very lucky that their DH's were home at the time.

I've called DH, using my cell phone, when I needed him to help me  while I was in the basement, doing laundry, stuck doing this and that, etc.  Had I fallen and he wasn't home, at least I could call for help.

Anyway, I believe that was the connection with having pockets and stairs, etc.

Just another possible situation to consider.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

I love pockets. I rarely purchase pants without them and love them in jackets ,shackets , and tunics. I never have purchase cargos (dh loves his--I tease that they are his 'purse pants ' . )

I do not see any reason for pockets on women's tee shirts .

They make no sense to me on the back of women's pant /jeans except to highlight the backside . I cannot imagine placing items in those.