Super Contributor

Re: Does anyone else HATE pockets?

@spent2much 

You're not alone!  They're not useful to me, only in outerwear.  I think sometimes designers add pockets as a detail, not necessarily for a function.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@jonbon @suzyQ3 

I actually found two pairs of jeggings, on different occasions, at Target with pockets AND flies!! Jackpot! LOL

Respected Contributor

I love them, won't buy pants without them. Skirts and dresses not so much.

Trusted Contributor

I don't like pockets either

@spent2much wrote:

To me, all they do is add bulk.  And I don't USE pockets on a skirt or dress.  Is it just me?  {*_*}

No not just you.
. Especially on pants!  Just more bulk on an area I don't need it!

Trusted Contributor

No, you're not the only one.  It's more important to me how I look in my clothes than having a "useful" pocket.  If I need to carry anything, it's in a small purse.  Pockets definitely add bulk and usually ruin the line of clothing.  If I buy pants with pockets, I cut them out and sew it.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

I love pockets and if a little pocket is the difference between looking sleek or portly, I have to question the eye of the beholder.

I buy men's small joggers because they have nice ample pockets.

I carry my car and house keys in my pocket, never in my hand bag. Purse snatches are common, and while losing a bit of cash, canceling credits cards... is unpleasant, being locked out of your car in a parking lot and finding your house has been ransacked when you finally get home is far worse. 

Esteemed Contributor

Love pockets.  All my leggings or pants have them.  Don't mind blouse pockets either.  One of my best days was when I discovered winter nightgowns with two pockets ♥️

Respected Contributor

The only kind of pockets I dislike are the ones they put in the side seams of pants that stick out and/or you have to tuck them back into place, every time you go to the bathroom. If I can, i tend to stitch these down. I don't mind pockets that are sewn on the outside of pants such as patch or cargo pockets. At least you don't have to mess with these, every time you pull your pants up!

Esteemed Contributor

If pants don't have pockets, I don't buy them.   Gotta have my pockets!

I just wish I could find some cargo denim jeans that I like.  Any suggestions that don't cost a fortune?  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would think more people welcome pockets.  Especially since the advent of the cell phone.  If you're taking a walk, you don't need to carry stuff in a bag, etc.  You use your pockets.  Especially in warmer weather. You're  exercising, you don't kneed excess baggage.