Respected Contributor

Re: Does any one else think Denim & Co

I rarely but clothing from the Q, there may be one Denim &Co item in my closet.  

Yesterday's TSV, the long sleeve shirt with the white band at the hips is not such a great design, IMO.  Unless the top is worn with white on the bottom, that wide, white band is going to make the hips look enormous.   Amy had it on with white cropped pants and it looked fine, but I think she must have her xxs clothes altered, taken in, so they fit her.  She is so tiny! 

Frequent Contributor

I found 100% cotton tops at Kohls clearance, and great prices on their cotton and polyester T-shirts for under $10. 

Regular Contributor

Just about everything has gotten more expensive not just Denim & Co.  I liked the TSV

exept at the bottom it seems to flare out.  I didn't like the look on Amy. I usually go by how clothes look on Amy or a small model. 

Valued Contributor

I really like D& Co, but, I'm with you, way to expenssive. And not even designer clothes. Also, way to much spandex for me, more cotton. And the s/h OUTRAGEOUS!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I have a couple D&Co items that are over 10 years old and still look good.  The D&Co items I ordered in the last few years are very poor quality and didn't last a season.  The prices have gone up, but the quality has gone down.  I've found nicer, less expensive shirts and jackets in local stores.  And No Shipping!  I won't even watch the D&Co shows anymore.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, for what they are they have gone up a lot in price. I did not like anythng they had yesterday. I watched for about a hour and then changed the channel.

Trusted Contributor

Totally agree will D/C prices,also the size has changed.Ordered Two tops a while my regular size far too large.yes,Kohl’s can help out .Years back I spent lots but today not so much.

Honored Contributor

I don't see the styles any longer.  Someone is out of touch to get real, wearable clothing for the average woman to wear.  We want comfort, and easy care.  We want to feel confident and not like we shopped from leftovers somewhere (lose example refering to style).  The only reason I order is they have capris which are a slightly better style than walmart.

Respected Contributor

@Peppu wrote:

is getting more expensive lately ? Not affordable any more. Added to that, the S & H and tax. No item is less than $50.

I agree.  I have always loved D & C and could always find a nice, casual, addition to my wardrobe thru the years.  In the last two years, sizing has become an issue, (I can't help what Gary says, the sizing changes from item to item) and quality has become an issue for me as well. I hate it because I could always find something. .

Now, not so much.  In fact, I went to JCP today and found several comparable tops to the D & C tops that I had seen. The tops at JCP were $14.99  

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, but the only thing I own is a denim jacket. I don’t care for the line, but I enjoy watching Carolyn & Gary when I can.  All of it’s going up, I only enjoy Lisa Rinna’s clothing.