Esteemed Contributor

Does Victoria Secret do accuate bra fittings? .... or is it better to go somewhere else?

[ Edited ]

I've lost about 20# and tried on a hundred bras (probably Not an exaggeration!) nothing fits well.

I need a professional bra fitting.

VS secret is close, otherwise I have to go to a lot farther.  I hate to drive expressway... lol.. will have to recruit one of my sisters....  VS will be easier.

Honored Contributor

Re: Does Victoria Serecet do accuate bra fittings? .... or is it better to go somewhere else?

The problem with bra fittings at stores that only carry one brand is that they only carry one brand.  You can try but if you are not happy with the fit head somewhere like Nordstrom where there are several brands of quality bras.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Does Victoria Serecet do accuate bra fittings? .... or is it better to go somewhere else?

I would say, it depends.  VS stores are all different.  Some have trained bra fitters and some don't.  It won't hurt to go there and try some on to see if you can find something comfortable that fits.

Honored Contributor

I would not recommend a VS bra, they were the worset bras I ever had along with Breezies.  I did not know VS had bra fittings.  IMHO I would try a higher end store for your fitting.  Congrats on your weight loss and good luck bra hunting.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

have you tried Soma it's an offshoot of Chicos

Valued Contributor

@Mary Bailey I cannot believe your post because I was just at Macy's yesterday looking for bras. I lost 25# and I have been looking for the right bra for 3 months. I was measured at Macy's but the size she told me wasn't correct. She swore it was. I was hanging out on the sides. Ugh... I tried to adjust size by myself but after trying on at least 20 bras I was exhausted and left without a purchase. I also have been measured by 3 others and I got 3 different sizes. I'm back to square one. 

I would tell you not to get fitted by VS. Do you have any boutiques close by that sell bras, they should measure. Soma is good. You might have to travel a ways to find your perfect fit. Look online, there might be a place close by you don't know about. I wish you luck. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne@Carmie @Imaoldhippie @jackthebear @SandPiper

Thanks all!

going with my sister to Oak Brook in 2 weeks, they have Nortstroms and Soma

Honored Contributor

Recently, I used the measuring instructions at three different websites just to check before ordering new bras.  I needed a couple of t-shirt bras.

The result was three different size recommendations.  I went and ordered my "old" size (which is different size altogether) ... and it fits.

Respected Contributor

I had a Saleslady do one for me a few years back and it was the same thing I do at home.

I would give it a NO, although like another poster said it depends who you get.  Can't hurt to try and you might get lucky. Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@DiAnneYou stole my thought!  All the measurements in the world are just a guide.  Then finding the exact bra in those measurements that works for you -  that's another story all together.

Even though I'm confident I know my size, there are few bras within that size (or any other size) that provide the lift I need!  Even a fitting by a Wacoal experet one year at Nordstrom turned out to be wrong and I returned 2 of the 3 bras I bought with tags still intact!  I used the one I kept but more as a "house bra" than anything else.