Regular Contributor

Re: Does Qvc Clothing Really Fit You Well?

I tried two different items of clothing, neither of which really fit or looked right, then decided I didn't like paying to try items on.  So that was the end of clothing on the Q for me.

Honored Contributor

I know what my body measurements are and how much ease I prefer in my garments, and I know what styles work best for me.  From years of sewing, I know what fit problems I have with ready-made clothing .... and I know what to avoid.

So - yes.  QVC clothing really does fit me.

Valued Contributor

I have had good luck with Denim & Co clothes - they run large usually, so I order appropriately.

Now that I am retired, my clothing purchases are the original Denim & Co jeans, the maxi dresses for home wear and legacy legwear tights (which do not seem to be available this year); I generally buy the Clarks' clogs too and the sizes are consistent.

I know my sizes for these items, so they fit well.  I never buy tops though - they just don't flatter me at all, so I buy my non-iron blouses from L L Bean.

Respected Contributor

I have had terrible luck with QVC clothing even when looking at the measurements.  Almost everything is huge on me.  I've only gotten one item which was a Logo jacket that was a perfect fit.  I've kept some other items but they are all a little too large.  Much better luck at the opposing shopping channel for some reason. 

Respected Contributor

Yes, I usually get a perfect fit with Qvc.  That's why  80% of my clothing is Qvc.  But I know how to shop.  I know my REAL measurements and I always always always use the size charts.  And buy for my  body type.  I am an XL but like it or not, there are and always will be some styles that don't work for my body.  It's not the clothes....it's me.   Also, I buy from just 4 or 5 Qvc designers because I am familiar with the fit of their garments. There are newer designers here that I have never purchased from, even though their things look great.  But I have no experience with them.  And I do not like to return things!  I don't shop in department  stores much anymore because department store sizing really is inconsistent and I hate dragging 3 sizes of something into a dressing room and having to try them all on and hope that one fits.  

Esteemed Contributor

Isaac's clothing fits me well, the best of everything at the Q. Most others are usually too boxy, baggy, big waist and small hips, especially not figure flattering. I like fitted clothing like Isaac b/c I'm small and small boned and most of the Q's stuff overwhelms me.

I think the Q's Quality Control on sizing is horrible. Denim & Co. has gotten awful. Buying a top should at least be easy. No consistency anywhere. Management should get to work on the their Quality Control. B&M are truer and fit way better than the Q.And I'm a very easy fit. I can't imagine anyone being satisfied being harder to fit.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I know my body measurements and I know what looks good on me.

I cannot wear Graver tops.  They're just too much fabric in the middle.  I have to have some shape to my tops. 

Esteemed Contributor

@truffle wrote:

Regardless of your size, do you find it hit and miss when it comes to a good fit?  I wear a Qvc med and very little is fitting me.  Just about everything I try on, is too big through the mid section.  

Anyone else experience this?  Doesn't matter what size you are, just wondering if it's happening to others.  

There is no way I could wear a sm. 

I always read the measurements before i buy something...but most times things fit well.......but i have had quite a few times that the crotch is too low (as another poster stated) even though i have read the measurements and i do purchase petite so that is why i doublecheck the crotch measurements....and another area i have had some issues with is tops being snug at the top of the arm area....that has been more recent ...

on knits and wovens........and no weight gain has occurred ...in fact some weight loss has occurred.....so those are the two things that can cause me to make a return if need be...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jasmine19 wrote:

I have a terrible time with Lori Goldstein's fashions. I buy a lot of her tops and I never know if I'll need a medium or large. The click here size charts don't help. A reviewer once mentioned that Logo waist and bust measurements are often the same and I have found that to be true. If a top fits me across the bust it's usually huge through the waist and hips. This doesn't happen to me with other designers.

I, too, have issues with LOGO sizing.  I am sometimes an XXS, sometimes an XS and sometimes a Small.

The more I think about it...no QVC clothing often doesn't fit me well--many times.  I have had luck in the past with some items, but I've had to have a lot of items taken in due to them being boxy.  Their XXS is often a size 6 so someone super thiin couldn't wear a lot of QVC clothing.  My sister certainly can't.  She's petite and thin and xxs is HUGE on her.

I fit into HSN clothing better, but some HSN clothing is boxy too.

Overall, I find Anthropologie fits me well and for exercise, LLLemon.  I also find Anthro sizing to be all over the place too, but at least I don't see the items being boxy.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

Not any more.  Years ago I wore a lot of D&Co, Joan Rivers, and lots of Dialogue and Modern Soul (which are now discontinued).  Then Q's sizing started to fluctuate and I had much better luck in local stores.  I took a gamble and ordered 2 pieces of clothing over the summer.  One was waaay too big, and the other too small -- and both were the same size!  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt