Honored Contributor

Does D and Co French Terry shrink?

Hi. About 18 years ago, I bought a few tops in the french terry from D and Co. They were comfy but they all shrank in cold water with line drying. It’s been years, so I’m thinking that the fabric has probably changed and I’m looking at a couple tops I want. How’s the shrinkage with this fabric?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does D and Co French Terry shrink?

Hi! I've had great luck with the D & C french terry. I wash in regular warm and hang to dry. I wouldn't put any of it in the dryer though. I like the fabric and have several pieces. They wear well too. 

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

Hi! I've had great luck with the D & C french terry. I wash in regular warm and hang to dry. I wouldn't put any of it in the dryer though. I like the fabric and have several pieces. They wear well too. 

Thank you for your help. Is the fabric cool enough for a warm climate?

Esteemed Contributor

It is for sure. I wear my D & C French terry cargo pants even in the summer (Northeast). I probably would not wear them in Florida or Texas, but they're very well made and you don't sweat in them. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have not seen it.  I wash in cold and air dry, like I do with much of my wardrobe.

It's a nice fabric and I wear it in all seasons.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Mindy D.  I live where summer daytime temps are nearly always in the 90s, and I guarantee I don't wear French terry.  Much too hot.  I put it away in May.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I don't own many QVC tops since they have so much spandex in them.  Hate their perfect jersey.  I have had a couple of tops from the French terry line and even though they have spandex I did like them.  Never had a problem with shrinkage but I rarely dry them 100%.  I toss them in the dryer on the delicate cycle, low heat for about four or five minuets then switch it to air fluff on cold for twenty to take out any wrinkles.  I then hang them to finish drying.  Sounds like a lot of work but saves my clothes in the long run.  This fabric is not for hot weather.  JMO.

Esteemed Contributor

Good luck with the brand and fabric. I generally wash & hang but when an item accidentally gets tossed in the dryer (different subject - ugh) I can still wear it. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau