Honored Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Only Wear a Fraction of Their Clothes?

Lol, yes and only a very small fraction at that.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Yes.  And because I only wear a very small fraction of my clothes, my clothes buying has just about come to a halt.  I'm just not interested in buying more unless I'm really really attracted to it.

My goal is to live my life with less and that includes clothes. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I have specific vice...jeans and more jeans.  Since I have a lot of them, I rotate them.  Wearing a different one each day.  I do this to limit the times I wash  one jean at a time.  Since I wash jeans as little as possible and never put them in dryer.  But in doing that, I ignore my other clothes.  Lots of tops....which I do wear, some skirts and only a couple of trousers and dresses.  So it's rarely (now since I work form home) that I wear the other clothes!

Trusted Contributor

YES

You are not the only one. I admit, I have a shopping issue...I won't say problem....but "ISSUE".

I have so much nice clothes that i Have to put things in crates in the garage.  THen you don't see half your items.  But now that I am at HOME, I have purchased hardly ANY CLOTHES!!!

WHich is good, i have enough clothes for A LIFETIME.

That is why I did not buy the today's special from SG.....I wanted the black floral jacket.....I said....are you even going to wear it????

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Super Contributor

OMG!!....I am raising both hands!  I look in my closet & say "Where in the world did I think I was going to wear all of these clothes!"  I believe I could live to 100 & not be able to wear all of them. I always wanted a big closet, but I think that was the mistake that took me where I'm at. ....... Now I need a whole "Room"!!

Respected Contributor

@Harpa yes ......first I retired .....then COVID put an end to my wearing only but comfortable clothes as i have no where to go....I do get dressed up more to go grocery shopping my social out.  Now I am used to tee shirts and shorts since it is so hot and humid and at night tee shirt and panties in which I can be found wearing same  while enjoying my morning coffee and toast before my shower.  Yes I live alone,  but I saw the Tommy John girl making coffee wearing her top and panties and her hunky companion (no luck for me) in full splendor with Tommy John briefs assisting.  Still,   It's sort of liberating...In the winter, sweats and socks. I have not purchased but one or two pieces of clothng in the last year.  No need.  My closet is full.

Honored Contributor

These days...yes.  However, I run across some great clearance items on QVC that I would wear  to the office, so if the price is too good to pass up, I still purchase them.  For example, I just bought a Dennis Basso Caviar Crepe blouse on sale for $21 that was $71!  I don't go crazy, but these are pieces that I consider timeless, so I know I will get to wear them eventually.  For now, though, I mostly live in my Isaac Mizrahi Pima cotton tees & Denim & Co shorts, or summer casual dresses.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.